V-8 Supercars massive crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching the races yesterday, and theV-8 Supercars were racing at Barbagallo.

Massive "Liberace" on the start line,and I stood open mouthed while time ticked on, and eventually the driver got himself out.

20 gals of E85 gone in less than a minute.

Google it yourselves (Barbagallo Crash), as I don't want responsibility for anyone finding a religious word on page 5 of the comments on a youtube video.

That was a huge fireball,almost like a movie stunt - who woulda thought a car could burst into flame in real life? I was worried about the car that rearended him,it seemed to be engulfed in flame too,but in other shots the flames around that car died out pretty soon.

Yeah, I saw the tail car, and thought poorly of the outcome, until the hit car stayed burning and burning...he's going to be back in 2 weeks according to his interview this evening.

COTF will have the fuel cell located ahead of the rear axle...which I don't consider will mean a thing in that accident given where the axle ended up

The announcer said the hit car was running at 150kph (about 90mph) when it rear-ended the other car. It did not seem to be that fast on camera...serious acceleration in those cars!

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Watching the races yesterday, and theV-8 Supercars were racing at Barbagallo.

Massive "Liberace" on the start line,and I stood open mouthed while time ticked on, and eventually the driver got himself out.

20 gals of E85 gone in less than a minute.

Google it yourselves (Barbagallo Crash), as I don't want responsibility for anyone finding a religious word on page 5 of the comments on a youtube video.

^^^
lol.gif
at the "Liberace" comment above, although it was NO laughing matter at the moment of occurrence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back