Premium Guard products

Status
Not open for further replies.
i bought an air filter and it seems well-made. off of ebay. i had to try it and i suspect it's made in china.

Has anyone tried their oil filters?

I sell these daily.. they honestly resemble fram B filters.
(no-name type filters that didn't make the A cut).
The filter media isn't as dense as say a name brand filter like a Purolator. Same goes for their cabin filters.
The oil filters are made by Wix, but the difference is the burst pressure is halved, the ADBV is nitrile vs. silicone and there aren't as many pleats, but for the price, it's a decent 5000 mile filter, and every shop I deal with buy the Premium Guard filters and Pro-Tec oil filters exclusively. (unless there's no p/n then they op for the wix).
I've never seen an issue with the air or cabin filter, the oil filters, once in a rare while one will come back as defective, but 9x out of 10 it'll be because the tech wasn't careful threading the filter (happens more at the quickie lubes).

so Wix makes Pemium Guard oil filters? that's a relief.....i could not find on internet any mention of these, or on Wix's website.

Wix makes the Pro-Tec oil filter.
Premium Guard is made by who knows who. I am guessing fram, I have no actual proof of it. I'm basing my guess because the filter media feels like fram's.
Pro-Tec oil filters have a mention on Wix's site, however in order to see it you have to be a part of the WixConnect. It's in their online training materials.

i suspect Premium Guard is asian....there are other crazy names for sale on ebay-LOOP brand, etc.....i trust NAPA and Purolator

Originally Posted By: Caliberguy
so Wix makes Pemium Guard oil filters? that's a relief.....i could not find on internet any mention of these, or on Wix's website.

Not WIX filters!

According to a Google search for 'Premium Guard oil filters', they are made in Korea. Some links were to users who claim the filters destroyed their engines, another BITOG link shows a PG filter cut open, etc.

For a reported price of $1.50, I would be very cautious of this product (exception...for my 30 yr old lawn mower).

Premium Guard is garbage! we had a whole fleet of vehicles that had leaking filters because of faulty gaskets. never used them ever again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back