Beer in the Gas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found a 5 year old can of beer in the garage and was about to toss it when I thought, you know, beer is grain squeezin's and ethanol is grain squeezin's. So, why not dump it in the old Dakota's gas tank?

So I did, then started her up. It idled funny for about 2 minutes, then, like someone flipped a switch, it started running smoother than it has in years. So what do you think, was it just running bad until it got some of the beer burned up and the running better part is just my imagination? Or did the beer clean things and make the idle better?

John

See above for water content. Other than that, you'll probably have to stop after driving about an hour so your Dakota can take a leak.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: Stuart Hughes
See above for water content. Other than that, you'll probably have to stop after driving about an hour so your Dakota can take a leak.
grin.gif

lol....

How many beers you had before your "Watch This" moment???

I am surprised that afterwards you did not try to "aim" in the gas tank instead of walking back in the house for doing your "business", if you know what I mean :) Also known as "Yaris Method" :)

- Vikas

Last edited:
I once made a beer float using Young's Double Chocolate Stout. It was very tasty.

I don't know, but it seemed relevant....

If you drank a 5 year old can of beer, wouldn't it clean out your pipes? Would it be such a stretch to imagine it having the same impact on your truck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back