Amalie Oil....... good stuff so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I've driven 100K miles (between 2 cars) on Federated AutoParts brand Oil (By Amalie) it says so right on the bottle. It's the 5w-20 stuff my Fords call for. It meets all the standards my vehicle wants and it meets the warranty requirements.

I searched the Forums and it seems that people are drawing a blank on Amalie... nobody has heard or it... I THINK this kind is made by them... etc.

So, here's some definative info.

One of my cars had 70K miles on it when we went on Amalie... the other had just 10K. I've put 4 cars on the Amalie program.. 3 are Fords on 5w-20 one is a Pontiac on 5w30, and [censored], even my OHV lawn tractors are on it... 10w30. Not one of the engines over the 2 year period have had any engine related problems... not a one. No leaks, squeaks, grinds or clicks.

My verdict is that the Amalie Oil made for Federated is good stuff, and a good value. A case of 12 is 33$.

Fed has been my fav auto parts place... I can get everything I need in one spot... with good prices.

Sorry... not trying to be a sponsor jerk. I've had the best success there.. and I'm a bit of a cheap skate, so I thrive on "house" brand stuff. Sorry if I offended.

Can't speak for them nationwide, but in my region, it's the choice for price, and staff.

I think any oil that meets your vehicles requirements will do fine. Would I use that federated oil? No. I rather buy a case of shell or chevron for 22bucks at costco or sams club. Or go to napa auto and buy 12qts of castrol gtx for 35plus tax(on sale)

I mean I might be wrong, but I thought Ashland made Ferderated oils.... Since the make it for Napa and Carquest)

Nothing wrong with Amalie oil though...We have quite a bit of Wolf's Head products around here. Their dino looks good for a 5k run, And I might try their Syn, but I've haven't found info on it's TBN (yet)

The bottles in my Garage right now have the Fed logo on the front, and the Amalie logo on the back. And it says Made By Amalie right in the corner of the label. Shall I take a photo?

I use Wolf's Head in a few of my Mowers that need HD 30.

Originally Posted By: MisterVTRH
The bottles in my Garage right now have the Fed logo on the front, and the Amalie logo on the back. And it says Made By Amalie right in the corner of the label. Shall I take a photo?

I use Wolf's Head in a few of my Mowers that need HD 30.

Well, if you could-that would be cool-I would like to see anyways because I'm curious now....
smile.gif

Just my luck... I go through a case of this stuff every month working on 4-5 cars for myself and my family... the 2 cases I have out there don't have the double logo. DOH! I swear it was there... it really was... it had the Red Amalie logo right on the back... really, it did... Maybe the next case will.

Man, I'm bummed... I must have recycled those bottles with the dual logo already. It's the same bottle as the Wolf's head bottle sitting beside it...

Amalie Oil was considered a decent oil; it just didn't catch on like others have. I was one of the 'Pennsylvania Crude' oils, like QS and Pennz.
They make Amalie, Wolfs Head, and those famous XCel products.
Like many other blenders, they bottle oil for who ever wants them to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: dwendt44
Amalie Oil was considered a decent oil; it just didn't catch on like others have. I was one of the 'Pennsylvania Crude' oils, like QS and Pennz.
They make Amalie, Wolfs Head, and those famous XCel products.
Like many other blenders, they bottle oil for who ever wants them to.

I remember around 15 Moon`s ago or so, Lanco in Nazareth,PA used to sell good ole Wolf`s Head for 99 cents a quart. Yes,I used to buy plenty of it! Mmmmmmmmm........99c a quart Uhhhhhaaaaaaa.....
20.gif

Boy, I'd love to have prices like that around here! Oil here is pretty stinking expensive. Most Auto parts stores have it for 3.50 to 4.50 a qt. I pay 3$ a qt. and feel like I didn't get hosed.

Boy, I'd love to have prices like that around here! Oil here is pretty stinking expensive. Most Auto parts stores have it for 3.50 to 4.50 a qt. I pay 3$ a qt. and feel like I didn't get hosed.

I know, but that was around 15 years ago too. Fuget a bout it now..
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: lexus114

I know, but that was around 15 years ago too. Fuget a bout it now..
grin2.gif

+1

My local NAPA sells Amalie. I never priced it since I don't buy my oil from NAPA but it does catch your eye on the shelf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back