FP60 for diesel still recommended?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys,

I am about to purchase a new 2011 Golf TDI and was wondering if FP60 is worth using?

I have been using FP60 and FP60 Plus on my Acura with good results and would like to continue LCD products if there are added benefits.

I am a little hesitant to use any additive because of some reports of HPFP failures in these new diesel engines from VW.

Tuan

I use Stanadyne performance (Blue bottle) in my Dodge cummins with very good results. IMHO fuels are subject to different factors that might result in harmful conditions if not treated so I used the additive at every fill.

I think there are more reports of issues with untreated fuel than fuel that is treated with a reliable and proven additive.

Best of luck with your new VW!

That combo has worked well for me, but I think your new one has some fuel restrictions.
Might want to check on the tdiclub website as well.

Interesting, HPFP issues in the new TDI?

Im running adds in my turbo BMW gas engine for the very reason that they have historically had issues with the HPFP.

My brother has been running a very low dose (1 oz/tank) of TCW-3 or redline 85+ interchangeably in his 2011, since more or less new. No issues to date. That's a very minor data point, especially since he is only at 13-15k miles, but I recommended it to him to help with lubricity within the HPFP and related systems. Though his is surely designed for running only 15 ppm sulfur fuels, I figure a very small amount of added lubrication cannot hurt. Seems to provide benefit most everywhere else.

At least 2% biodiesel will give you all the lubricity you could ever need (and keep you far below the VW-mandated B5 limit). The HPFP does seem to be a question mark as far as longevity goes, but one can always hope it's been improved by now.

Very nice car - enjoy it and drive the snot out of it!

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Interesting, HPFP issues in the new TDI?

The pump issue wasn't additive related. They were quitting and internally failing from design flaw.

Ditto for the HPFP in the BMW 135i.

Doesnt mean that changes in the lubricity of the fuel could effect. I dont know enough to say one way or another, but I cannot absolutely deny the benefit of adds on any system that is seeing systematic failures. Perhaps it is another electronic component or something causing the failure, but without info on such things, we cannot say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back