Gumout white bottle - junk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I thought, looks like it's mostly kerosene according to the MSDS. I think I'll just return it and go for Gumout Regane if I ever see it on sale.

Last edited:
I will tell you if you want a good fuel treatment spring the xtra change for RedLine Sl-1, I have an Altima w/ ticking fuel injectors and it quiets them down for 2-3k. I really recommend it,and I am not an additive freak. That and LubeGard actually work with a noticeable difference.

Note LubeGard is not for fuel injectors, just mentioned it because it works for its intended purpose(s)

Last edited:
In the early 90's i had a Maxima with a minor skip due to a dirty fuel injector.I picked up a bottle of CD-2 gas treatment at Big Lots and added 3-4 oz to a tank of mid-grade gas(IIRC 16 gal)within 25 miles the skip went away and never returned.The CD-2 treatment is one that I do not see with any regularity,as is the case with most stuff from Big Lots.It comes in a long neck bottle with a 2 oz chamber built in which makes for easy use.If you ever see it grab a bottle or two.

Originally Posted By: urrlord
In the early 90's i had a Maxima with a minor skip due to a dirty fuel injector.I picked up a bottle of CD-2 gas treatment at Big Lots and added 3-4 oz to a tank of mid-grade gas(IIRC 16 gal)within 25 miles the skip went away and never returned.The CD-2 treatment is one that I do not see with any regularity,as is the case with most stuff from Big Lots.It comes in a long neck bottle with a 2 oz chamber built in which makes for easy use.If you ever see it grab a bottle or two.

I used to use that CD-2 oil detergent back in the early 80`s in my first car. seemed to be good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back