2000 Nissan Sentra, 3750 miles M-1 10W-30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al

This is from another board and this gentleman allowed me to post here.

"A 3,750 mile oil analysis report from a 67,500 mile SR20DE engine.
Mobil 1 10W-30 SuperSyn rocks. I've been using it since 33,750 miles.

Blackstone's comments:
Mr. xxxx We didn't find any differences in wear this oil compared to the last. This was Mobil 1's 10W-30 engine oil with no gas, moisture, or anti-freeze in it. The oil change interval for this second sample was about the same as the first, but we think you could easily go longer than this. Wear from the engine was below average and in the correct balance to show normal mechanical parts inside. The TBN read 5.7, so the oil had plenty of active additive remaining. Nice wearing Nissan engine at 67,500 miles. Try 4,500 miles for the next sample.

MI/HR ON OIL: 3,750
MI/HR ON UNIT___67,500____Universal_____48,800
SAMPLE DATE__10/07/03____Averages_____1½5/02
ALUMINUM_________3_________3___________3
CHROMIUM_________0_________0___________0
IRON______________6_________6___________6
COPPER____________4________4____________3
LEAD______________4________4____________4
TIN_______________0_________0___________0
MOLYBDENUM______62________65__________68
NICKEL____________0_________0___________0
MANGANESE________0_________0___________0
SILVER____________0__________0___________0
TITANIUM__________0__________0___________0
POTASSIUM________0__________5___________0
BORON___________138________133_________127
SILICON___________4__________5___________5
SODIUM___________6__________7___________7
CALCIUM________2912_______2768________2623
MAGNESIUM_______19_________17__________14
PHOSPHORUS_____776________771_________766
ZINC____________890________865_________840
BARIUM___________0__________0___________0

TEST______VISCOSITY__FLASHPOINT__FUEL__ANTIFREEZE
_____________@210_ºF___IN_ºF_______%______%
SHOULD BE_____59-68___>365_______ VALUES WERE___60.8_____395_______
TEST________WATER_____INSOLUBLES
________________%__________%
SHOULD BE_____ VALUES WERE_____0_________0.4

Not bad for a very heavily abused, but well maintained roller-rocker SR20DE motor. On a side note, I always lose about .25 to .50 of a quart of oil at every 3,750 miles, but I guess it's normal. I'm thinking of extending oil changes to 5,000 miles when I hit 75,000 miles. I currently have about 72,000 miles. Opinions? "

Except for the Insolubles which are a little elevated. This gentleman drives the canions and the engine sees redline for 15 minutes at a time. So this level of insolubles aren't surprising. This engine is one of the most solid engines known to man. I think its a great report.I told him he could double this milage.

[ December 29, 2003, 07:16 PM: Message edited by: Al ]

For purposes of comparison: Here's mine (same engine) Al's Sentra
mad.gif
mad.gif

[ December 29, 2003, 07:26 PM: Message edited by: Al ]

It's interesting to see the same engine with entirely different results. I do wonder if initial break in effects wear patterns as time goes on. This is a great report.
smile.gif
Al, maybe some Delvac or Amsoil?
dunno.gif

quote:

Originally posted by buster:
It's interesting to see the same engine with entirely different results. I do wonder if initial break in effects wear patterns as time goes on. This is a great report.
smile.gif
Al, maybe some Delvac or Amsoil?
dunno.gif

Sure... and so does the way the factory assembled the motor... and what kind of hot rod stomped on the peddle the first 30-50 miles moving the car those 10-20 short trips of what a few hundred feet, then they guy that started it cold and got the heck to the truck to load the thing, etceteras
a lot of factors... On top of this is If I can recall properly, Al's oil (Bob's oil) has concentrations of these "wear metals in it" so some of these numbers look skewed unless you FACTOR that in there too... ON top of this, the other numbers were in there what 30K's worth of changes.... Not exactly apples to apples but more in the ballpark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back