Where to buy SAE 50w locally?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 4x4 1975 F100 that calls for straight 50w in the 4 speed trans and the transfer case. Neither Autozone nor Advance have it and they say they cannot even order it. Any ideas on where I could find some locally?

Originally Posted By: nwjones18
I have a 4x4 1975 F100 that calls for straight 50w in the 4 speed trans and the transfer case. Neither Autozone nor Advance have it and they say they cannot even order it. Any ideas on where I could find some locally?

Wouldnt 20w50 work?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: finalyzd

Originally Posted By: nwjones18

Wouldnt 20w50 work?

No, it would not work. It was specifically designed to use a straight grade oil, rather than a multigrade oil that has viscosity modifiers.

All the local O'Reilly's stock Valvoline VR1 50W.

O'Reilly's can get regular Valvoline 50HD in 24 hours if you dont want racing oil although their is little difference in price and the VR1 has detergents.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Gene K
All the local O'Reilly's stock Valvoline VR1 50W.

O'Reilly's can get regular Valvoline 50HD in 24 hours if you dont want racing oil although their is little difference in price and the VR1 has detergents.

+1. i saw this oil too.

Originally Posted By: Rob_Roy
Any truckstop will have SAE 50 for Eaton/Roadranger transmission applications.

In addition, that oil will be specially formulated for gears only, unlike engine oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back