Ford WSS-M2C945-A

Status
Not open for further replies.
How important is this specification for a Ford out of warranty vehicle? Are there actually tests and benchmarks the oil must meet beyond GF-5 for this specification? I know that Super tech does not claim to meet this specification, but is there any harm in short OCIs with Supertech 5w-20?

Yes. In order for a 5W-20 to do the job, Ford designed a spec for a tougher 5W-20. Short oil drain intervals with cheap oil that doesn't meet spec is no savings. The right oil at specified ODI is the best bargain.

Since you're already an MC user at 5K OCIs, I assume the only reason for your inquiry is the rationale of saving some $$ based on any cost difference between MC 5W20 (less than $3/quart) and SuperTech at a few cents less.

If the $$ difference is REALLY that important, you can assuredly rest easy using the SuperTech. The reality here is: you and your engine will never know the difference. Personally, I would (and do) continue to use the MC as specified for my Ford vehicles, but different strokes...!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back