UTV Oil Advice - Amsoil Dominator 15/50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for some advice....

I have a Polaris RZR XP. It's high revving enging...over 8,000 RPM.

Polaris is horrible with oil specs in their manual..their brand that they push HARD is 2w/50w, but their previous oil was 0w-40w.

I thought the Amsoil Dominator Race oil at 15w/50w would be a good choice, as it says it's designed for high revving engines. Now I'm having my doubts because it's a "race" oil, it may not have the detergents, etc. that the engine would require.

So...Is this a good choice?

If not...any other AMSOIL suggestions, to stay close to that OEM 2/50 spec, and satisfy the requirements of a high rev engine? I live in California...so no sub 0 temps.

Secondly, if it's not...how many hours would you run it before a change? I already bought 2 oil changes worth.

Thanks.

Sometimes the simple answer is the best.

I did call. It is indeed the wrong application. They recommended the AOR High Performance 20w-50w or the Powersports 0w-40w.

That race oil isn't tested for API? standards...in his words...it's a great oil, but it's made for racing and maximum performance, not meeting warranty specifications.

Well its good you called. They havealways been helpful with me. I know most of their oils are not api rated but I didn't know it wouldn't meet spec. Guess your theory on race oils was correct.

I run Amsoil Motorcycle 10w40 in my Polaris Outlaw with great results. I know, very different application and reason I shared is because Polaris speced the 2w50 oil for my application as well. IMO, run a high quality oil, change it at a reasonable interval and your new Rzr XP will give you years of service.

BTW, I saw those tested in several magazines, might I say that's one heck-of-a-ride you got yourself, have fun with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back