136,000 miles on K75C today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Original owner running M1 15W-50 now as I got high iron (28) on M1 TDT last 4000miles. No gears or clutch in my oil and no Iron in the block. I hope my Camshafts are still intact! The TDT also ended up about a thick 20weight. I will send this tired 15W-50 off for OA this weekend.

Fill'n up with Valvoline VR1 20W-50 this time...it was just TOO CHEAP at AutoZone to pass up!

Originally Posted By: ammolab

Fill'n up with Valvoline VR1 20W-50 this time...it was just TOO CHEAP at AutoZone to pass up!

If you want something cheap and fairly shear stable, why not give Rotella T 15w-40 a try?

The K75 was one of the nicest, most practical bikes ever made IMO. I liked the 900 too.
What year?

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

If you want something cheap and fairly shear stable, why not give Rotella T 15w-40 a try?

15W-40 does not meet mfg. viscosity requirements for TEXAS heat...and the Valvoline VR1 was $2.49/quart. BMW is happy..I'm happy!

Originally Posted By: pbm
The K75 was one of the nicest, most practical bikes ever made IMO. I liked the 900 too.
What year?

1986...cost me about $4000 drive out. I guess it paid for itself in gas savings over the last 25years.

"136,000 miles on K75C today."

So in other words it's just about broken in?
smile.gif

Excellent machine. Keep feeding it VR1 and ride it another 136k.

Original owner running M1 15W-50 now as I got high iron (28) on M1 TDT last 4000miles. No gears or clutch in my oil and no Iron in the block. I hope my Camshafts are still intact! The TDT also ended up about a thick 20weight. I will send this tired 15W-50 off for OA this weekend.

thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back