Happy Anniversary 1911!

Status
Not open for further replies.
On March 29, 1911 the .45 Auto Colt Pistol was officially adopted as the U.S. military sidearm.

I'm not going to say best..... but [censored] fine.

I'm still looking for a remington rand that I can afford.

I love hickok45! He has awesome videos, and has quite the collection. Once i turn 21, 9 more months!, I got to get me a 1911. Ive been looking at those Springfield GI models, very cool looking.

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak
Originally Posted By: Tempest
Best sidearm ever designed.

In your opinion.

Certainly not mine.

Professional shooters can shoot whatever they like. Most of them shoot a 1911.

FBI HRT and other SWAT teams use it. There are more 1911's being made today than when it was designed.

Prescott (AZ) Daily Courier:
Gunsite honors 1911 Colt on its 100th anniversary
http://www.prescottdailycourier.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=1086&ArticleID=92347

PAULDEN - One hundred years ago this past Tuesday, the U.S. Department of the Army adopted for standard military service the Colt 1911 semi-automatic, .45-caliber pistol, a firearm that would go on to become the most copied in the world.

All last week, Gunsite, a 2,100-acre, privately operated gun training site in Paulden, celebrated the milestone with a Centennial Pistol Class in which several dozen participants from law enforcement and the military exclusively fired the 1911 Colt during simulated training runs.

I would make a crack that a "simulated training run" must be like an imaginary pretend something or other, plus other little things in the article that could be picked apart, but I'll be nice to a paper that covers this in a friendly light.

I think I will take the Baer and the Kimber out tomorrow for a little exercise.

Need to make some empties so I can do some more loading!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back