GOOD Hose clamps are actual hard to find

Status
Not open for further replies.
No they are one time only.They have a gates cutting tool but from what i read a soldering iron works well to get them off or a feeler gauge slipped under it then slit with a razor.
I found them at a local store for $2.75 for the large radiator hose size and $1.75 for the heater size,i will be putting them on later this week.

Them seem like a good idea,no cold leaks,a tight seal and 100% no damage to the hoses like the darn worm clamps.
The OEM spring clamps are great but the replacement hoses are slightly thicker and they wont go over the water neck,so to me these are looking like a better alternative than the worm type.

Trav, since you're in the biz, have you ever seen the OEM type spring clamps for sale, new, on the aftermarket??

I find it amazing that not ONE single company markets these to the aftermarket.
Do you know the name of the OEM company (maybe we could contact them/buy from them directly??)?

It's crazy that GM fits them at the plant, but then refuses to sell them even at the dealership for marked up prices.
mad.gif
frown.gif

Yes a few places on line have them but they are few and far between.I usually scour the junk yards for them.If you can even get them OEM the are cuckoo money.

Lots of the constant-tension clamps for sale on ebay. Kinda expensive though.

I wanted to buy some from the Honda dealer a while back to install the trans. cooler on my '04 Accord. They wanted $10 PER CLAMP. Needless to say, I passed. Bought some better clamps at the Freightliner dealer for about $1 each.

Folks, not to thread jack but add to the discussion...

I have a friend that has oil loss(weeping/leak) around his oil cooler lines(it has the spring clamp). He has a modded 06 Titan(probably at least 75 hp; 85 torque over stock). Could his hoses be the issue or are the clamps not holding pressure?

He used to punch WOT often and ran his engine a quart low for several OCIs, unknowingly.

Originally Posted By: ltslimjim
I have a friend that has oil loss(weeping/leak) around his oil cooler lines(it has the spring clamp). Could his hoses be the issue or are the clamps not holding pressure?

Either one is a possibility. The engine mods and OCI habits wouldn't make any difference in this situation.

Originally Posted By: tonycarguy
With the clamps that are operated with a screw, do you use locking compound on the threads? (in the case of coolant hoses)

No.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back