BPI lawsuit vs Satisfied...GPC....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know anything about this? I'm not a lawyer, and as much as I've read about this case, I'm still very confused.

From what I can get of it, Brake Parts Inc (BPI, Parent company of Raybestos) is suing Satisfied Brake. Somewhere Genuine Parts (Napa Parent company) comes into play. I guess that a BPI worker had sold proprietary information to Satisfied brake, and BPI is claiming that Satisfied does not have the rights to manufacture a lot of their brake pads that they are selling. In doing so, the courts ruled that Satisfied can not sell certain products in the US. This lead to Satisfied shutting down production at their Canadian plant and filing for bankruptcy. Where it gets strange to me is that Satisfied manufactures all of Napa's Adaptive One brake pads, and there is still something like $42 million dollars in brake pads sitting there available for sale. In the mean time, GPC is attempting to file an injunction to allow production of the Satisfied pads until either the court case gets resolved, or another supplier is sourced to produce the same product.

So, that is all I've been able to figure out. Or should I at least say "I think that is what is going on"

Anyone in the industry, or law have any idea what is going on? or maybe put the entire situation into layman's terms?

I'm sure this may sound boring to a lot of people, but it is somewhat interesting to me. I ended up finding out about this after getting [censored] off after making about 15 phone calls trying to get through the automated phone system at Satisfied (with no luck) in an attempt to get some technical information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back