Super eco fuel saver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone heard of this? Just noticed it today when I was in Canadian Tire. It claims to give up to 30 percent more mileage from your fuel. The stuff is $29.99 for a small bottle, I think it was 10 ounces (roughly 300 milliliters). They have a fancy-looking website.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very fancy website indeed haha. Would the extra MPG actually be worth the price??
Anyways I have no idea or ever heard of this product, but thanks for posting it. Let the replies begin?
36.gif

Last edited:
Seems every time the gas prices jump people ask about the wonder products that have magical means to increase the MPGs.

Well, um, for $29.99, even if it does all it claims and more you're still going to be losing money bigtime.

And I reeeeealy doubt it's going to give you a 30% gain.

A 3% gain is pretty difficult to achieve, never mind 30.

There are a very small number of additives, for fuel or oil, that I believe do anything. MoS2, and a couple of different injector cleaners/UCLs, Redline being the best IMO, are the only ones I ever buy. Not to say that there aren't other useful ones but this is flushing money whether it works or not.

Originally Posted By: Steve S
Seems every time the gas prices jump people ask about the wonder products that have magical means to increase the MPGs.
Yes indeedy. Jon--Las Vegas

Here is the msds.
65% ethyl alcohol
25% benzyl alcohol
10% proprietary ingredients

http://www.pdfdownload.org/pdf2html/view_online.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mach3products.com%2Fimages%2Fuploaded_images%2Fmedia_item-file-16.pdf

Quote:
It claims to give up to 30 percent more mileage from your fuel. The stuff is $29.99 for a small bottle, I think it was 10 ounces (roughly 300 milliliters).
Time for a sharp pencil. How much mileage gain would be needed before the stuff pays for itself and you just break even? You have to get even better mileage than that for you to keep any money in your pocket. Very unlikely.

Save your money. Do normal maintenance. Don't carry extra junk around. Have an easy right foot on the gas pedal. Air up your tires.

I bought a gallon of mmo ,a jug of pri-d and a big bottle of lucas ucl for less than a dollar each at estate sales. If they work, and I am still not sure they do more than lubricate the fuel system, I am out pennies per treatment.
There is no documented proof that ANY fuel treatment will get you more than a mile or 2 per gallon and that is only for a dirty engine/fuel system with poor maintenance.
If there EVER was a treatment in a bottle that was cost effective , then every automobile manufacturer on the planet would have it added to gasoline.
Same goes for K&N filters. If they give "free" power and horsepower I.E. better mileage , wouldn't O.E.M. manufacturers be all over it. Read consumer reports on the subject.
All I have seen is extra dirt let in the motor.
Be very wary about what you put in or on a motor to raise mileage.
Use additives for cleaning and lubricating, not for mileage gains.

Originally Posted By: nicholas
I actually just bought a small bottle of the stuff

I will chime in with any feedback
cheers
nick

The top dog of the company that owns this snake oil thanks you for very much for helping him pay for his Bentley and his wife's Rolls Royce.

Maybe this weekend in South Beach a few of us can come come up with some snake oil to sell..I would really like to buy a house on Star Island and buy everyone in my household [and friends] a Bentley.

The top dog of the company that owns this snake oil thanks you for very much for helping him pay for his Bentley and his wife's Rolls Royce.

Wow! - so quick to judge.

No wonder people quit this forum - any positive feed back about anything other than Auto RX and Amsoil, and people like you get out the pitch forks and nasty comments.

Please leave your cynicism at home and allow people to provide information - your comments are just nasty and nonconstructive.

Originally Posted By: nicholas
No wonder people quit this forum - any positive feed back about anything other than Auto RX and Amsoil, and people like you get out the pitch forks and nasty comments.

That's just spewage. And simply not true.

Is the stuff really $30? Seems like a rip to me as well if so.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
And simply not true.

+1, since the only way one can truly quit this forum is to be permanently banned.

Gotta agree with nicholas, a bit.

If he wants to try the product, leave him to it. He didn't even get a firendly, 'let us know how it goes' response - he got a nasty, condecending, ridiculing reponse from CrownVic.

Hey, CrownVic, when someone tells you they had a baby, do you go off at them about how the world is overcrowded, and doesn't need more people?

Or when someone gets a new job, you tell them that now they'll have more stress.....lighten up, man!

I do agree with the general premise in this thread that this product will NOT do what it promises.

I'm not sure the product is entirely a scam....there is some FE benefit that comes from adding more oxygenates to a tank of fuel...but not what they are claiming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back