GOOD Hose clamps are actual hard to find

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ones you're wanting to avoid are called "worm gear" clamps. It sounds like you're describing "T-bolt clamps" as your item of choice. I was able to buy them in bags of 10, IIRC. Unfortunately, I can't recall where I bought them. At least knowing what they're called may help you find them...

P.S.: I know that you can get them at Fastenal, but there is probably a cheaper source nearby. I'd give Lowe's or Home Depot a try.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: rshunter
The ones you're wanting to avoid are called "worm gear" clamps. It sounds like you're describing "T-bolt clamps" as your item of choice. I was able to buy them in bags of 10, IIRC. Unfortunately, I can't recall where I bought them. At least knowing what they're called may help you find them...

P.S.: I know that you can get them at Fastenal, but there is probably a cheaper source nearby. I'd give Lowe's or Home Depot a try.

Well yes of course they are called worm gear hose clamps, but as you know there are cut variety that everyone sells and so called "Euro-Seal" "Breeze" variety that don't have cuts - the worm gear engages parallel indentations. All the hose companies for whatever reason are discontinuing Dixon "Euro-Seal" "Breeze" clamps in 21-38mm.

Your not kidding pablo,a decent clamp is hard to find.
I go to the junk yards nearby and grab clamps,connectors and small odd ball hard to find stuff pretty regular.
I use the spring clamps on everything,the ones that are always a PITA with pliers.

This is an interesting video.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Well yes of course they are called worm gear hose clamps, but as you know there are cut variety that everyone sells and so called "Euro-Seal" "Breeze" variety that don't have cuts - the worm gear engages parallel indentations. All the hose companies for whatever reason are discontinuing Dixon "Euro-Seal" "Breeze" clamps in 21-38mm.

I think it's all related to the growth in the use of spring clamps. They've proved themselves well in numerous applications and are far easier and cost-effective to produce. The necessity of using specialized pliers is also seen as a small trade-off for the speed of installation and consistent clamping force that they provide.

Pablo,

I have good luck and decent prices with a company called Motion Industries. They have locations in Washington and will ship.

Originally Posted By: tom slick
Find a Wurth dealer and your problems are solved.

For sure,you won't find any better hose clamps than Wurth.

What's your target price? Amazon has them for $1.50 ea.

Alibaba strike out?

Did you try rock auto? I needed three 1/2-20 lugnuts and the local shysters wanted $2 ea while RA had 100 for $20, I almost bought the bulk pack out of spite.

The Gates PowerGrip states they are for coolant use only. Do a google search and there are a few instances of them slipping off.

Pablo - have you looked at fuel line clamps? I think napa's website lists them.
977570.jpg

But i think you are looking for the "Constant Torque" Clamps
233424.jpg

Originally Posted By: Trav
To late to edit.
I found these at jegs.

http://www.jegs.com/p/Gates/Gates-Power-Grip-Clamps/943359/10002/-1

Trav, can those be re-uesd?? (One of the reasons I've never tried them.)

Jegs also has their own brand of stainless T-bolt clamps for much less $$$ than Vibrant's or others, which I am going to try at this next hose change.

There is also a Swedish company called Aba (don't laugh!) which makes the stainless worm gear-type clamps without the serration holes, just the indentations for the worm gear to grab.

But I have found that these tend to strip out and slip at VERY low torque application.
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back