Donaldson Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I can get donaldson filters for a pretty good price it seems. I got on thier site and cross ref #'s based on the filters that would be used on the Civic and my Firehawk. Supposedly these are the only ones I can get for them as they do not offer the extended interval filter for the civic. I don't need it for the hawk but would like a good quality filter. Price would be around the valucraft range from autozone. What do you guys think? Are they good filters? Worth getting?

Donaldson Part#s
P550964-Hawk
https://dynamic.donaldson.com/webc/WebStore/search/item_detail.html?section=10157&item=213101

P502007-Civic
https://dynamic.donaldson.com/webc/WebStore/search/item_detail.html?section=10157&item=146567

The Donaldson P502007 (which cross-refs to a PL14610) is a) made in Indonesia, and b) has and efficiency rating of 93%. Not very good by my book.

The P502007 is made in Indonesia since it is used in a lot of Asian cars. I'll cut one of the next used ones that comes in. I've cut several before. It is a nice filter, I sell a lot to the Nissan dealer for almost all their work.

As for efficiency, it is typical. 50% at 20 microns. They messed up something with that 93%, both by listing it like that and not putting the microns with it. With 30,000+ filters, they make database mistakes. (lots of them).

Last edited:
A Mitsubishi Montero came in this morning with 4000 miles on the oil. Will post the pics as soon as I get a chance.

Here are the pics with 4000 miles. Don't think you will find anything better out there.
page165-1041-full.jpg
58.html

page165-1042-full.jpg

Some Donaldson filters are not made by Donaldson but sourced from outside makers off-shore. Rather then setting up to make them they just go and buy them from someone else. I found this out when I ordered some hydraulic filters for an Allison trans.

Both the Donaldson and Wix were identical and Made in China, the Allison brand was made in the USA. I found a pdf file listing a bunch of Donaldson filters that were sourced from others and not the same filter media as a typical Donaldson. I seem recall these are painted white with blue letters.

There is a lot of contracting. Can't share some of the pics I have. Donaldson has 6 or 8 plants in China. Also about 37 other countries.
I have 83 different Donaldson filters made in Indonesia.

All standard Donaldson filters are white with blue lettering. The premium ones are black, some hydraulics orange, etc.

Guess i shoulda checked back earlier. Been so busy and the only message boards I check are the ones that use tapatalk. I no longer work for fastenal so can't get the good prices now. Though I appreciate the info on it. I still got friends that work there so who knows.

Very good constructed filters but there standard filter line efficiency rating is nothing to wright home about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back