Hey, I'm on SPEED Channel!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, only on commercials...the show was dropped from the spring lineup, but will air longer episodes in the fall. Here is the mini-episode that is on now.

Enjoy...I am driving the white Subaru, wearing the blue shirt
smile.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gI3oDpHkyGs

You beat the Evo guy on the road course worse than he beat you on the dragstrip and you won the slalom, not bad.

That was pretty cool to see yourself on TV like that. SCCA Champ huh? mmmmm I think if you were to switch cars your times would be better in the Evo on the auto course. haha.

As an Evo Owner myself I have spanked many Subies in my day, but have also got spanked by Subies in my day. In the end, its all fun, and I have the upmost respect to Mits and Subie for making such outstanding vehicles.

Jeff

http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd502/jeffs2006evoix/2007-mitsubishi-evo-IX2.jpg[/IMG]]06 Evo Having Fun

Last edited:
Thanks guys!

The STI had a turbo downpipe with cat, straight pipe exhaust, and an AccessPort tuner with a map that was bad...in the drag race, it was only running 9psi (spiking to 12psi). Stock is 15psi. The map was supposed to be 19psi. Oh well. We ended up removing the AccessPort for the autocross and slalom portions, and it ran much better. YMMV.

Otherwise, throw some coilover shocks/springs and sway bars, and that was it. 285/30-18 Toyo R1R high performance street tires. That's it.

The Evo had similar suspension, lots of boost and E85 ethanol, upgraded intercooler, and 285-width Dunlop Z1 high performance tires. So other than my car being 100hp down, we were similar haha.

Originally Posted By: Solo2driver
Thanks guys!

The STI had a turbo downpipe with cat, straight pipe exhaust, and an AccessPort tuner with a map that was bad...in the drag race, it was only running 9psi (spiking to 12psi). Stock is 15psi. The map was supposed to be 19psi. Oh well. We ended up removing the AccessPort for the autocross and slalom portions, and it ran much better. YMMV.

Otherwise, throw some coilover shocks/springs and sway bars, and that was it. 285/30-18 Toyo R1R high performance street tires. That's it.

The Evo had similar suspension, lots of boost and E85 ethanol, upgraded intercooler, and 285-width Dunlop Z1 high performance tires. So other than my car being 100hp down, we were similar haha.

aka, the Sti had driver mod!
lol.gif

James, you didn't just beat the other driver and his car; you also made him look like a fool by acting like an adult while he talked smack like a teenager. Well done, and great showing for your forum!

Originally Posted By: d00df00d
James, you didn't just beat the other driver and his car; you also made him look like a fool by acting like an adult while he talked smack like a teenager. Well done, and great showing for your forum!

+1 Very well done! It was funny how the guy was trying to say how close the autocross was... I guess I would probably be pretty happy getting within 5% of your time with a similar car but I wouldn't say it was a close race!

JW FTW! Congrats, man.
25.gif

Did they drop it from the Spring line-up in favor of more NASCAR coverage?
19.gif

-Dennis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back