Napa Brake Pads

Status
Not open for further replies.
looking at the MSD's we see who manufcatures the Napa line brake pads. I started looking into this because I was suspicious that the Adaptive One pads might be made by Satisifed because they have the same backing plate bonding style, and this proves it. Plus some interesting info such as the Akebono made pads.

Napa Adaptive One - Satisifed Brake Products , Canada
Napa Ultra Premium Ceramic - Akebono , Japan + KY and Brake Parts Inc (these vary by part number)
Napa Ultra Premium Orangic - Brake Parts Inc , IL USA
Napa Safety Stop Ceramic - Novatek Manufacuring , Canada
Napa Safety Stop Organic - Universal Automotive IL USA
Napa Tru-Stop Ceramic - Longkou Longji Accurate Brake Co.,Ltd. China
Napa Tru-Stop Organic - Leiling Gold Phoenix Auto Parts Co. China

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Nice investigative work.

The adaptive one still remains my favorite street pad, just ridiculously expensive.

I like the Adaptive One pads also. They are pretty expensive, but our dealer cost is not too bad... More than some of the other pads, but it is what it is.

What makes the Adaptive 1's so great ?

I am looking to replace the Bendix C-3's on the rear of my Buick. I would buy them again, but I can't find them locally.

I am not horribly impressed with the Wagner ThermoQuiets that AAP replaced the front pads with. (I had a certificate for a free set, but AAP doesn't carry Bendix any longer)

I am thinking of maybe trying Akebono...

Thoughts ???

I have been using Summit Racing's Ceramic pads on the front of my Mustang for 2 years and really like them They are made by PBR and they stop well, quiet and hardly any dust. They were only around $40.00

I've read on another forum that all the NAPA brake pad lines are now made in China. That was posted by someone who works at a NAPA.

Just because the company that makes them has a US address on the MSDS, doesn't mean they are made in the US.

But, I haven't checked at a NAPA store to confirm.

They are all chinese made now, but i'd rather buy the higher tier ones that are US/Canadian companies so that not all my money is going to china.

NAPA is becoming about as china mart as Harbor Freight is. I don't deal with NAPA anymore than I have to.

Napa tru-stop and safety-stop brake pads are made by raybestos (chinese, but pretty good still) brakes. The adaptive ones are Satisfied brakes co (Canadian, pretty good too). The napa ultra premium are re-boxed Akebono brakes (not sure where they are made but are OEM for a lot of manufacturers). The Akebono brakes are usually much cheaper at Advance auto sold as Akebono rather than the Ultra premiums from napa. You can also use the P20 code to get them even cheaper from advance auto's website.

Wow, those NAPA pads are expensive. I just looked up the price of the Ultra Premium pads for a few common cars and I can easily purchase dealership brake pads for less money. I guess I'd consider using these pads if it was a Sunday afternoon and I needed to do the brakes right away, but otherwise no way.

Well the adaptave ones 20k so far on my silverado have provided a better bite, good wear, and very minimal dusting. At lower cost than dealer pads. I got them on sale for 60 bucks though. 100 bucks lets say after taxes, and getting the rotors turned for 15 a pop.

Not bad at all, especially with a lifetime warranty. According to the manager at my local NAPA the as soon as the wear indicator hits the rotor, or there is 3mm of pad left, it is ok to warranty them.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: The Critic
Wow, those NAPA pads are expensive. I just looked up the price of the Ultra Premium pads for a few common cars and I can easily purchase dealership brake pads for less money. I guess I'd consider using these pads if it was a Sunday afternoon and I needed to do the brakes right away, but otherwise no way.

You could get them as Akebono from advance auto parts for much less money too.
wink.gif

If you really wanted to save, rockauto.com usually has akebonos for around $65

Originally Posted By: AMC
Originally Posted By: The Critic

You could get them as Akebono from advance auto parts for much less money too.
wink.gif

If you really wanted to save, rockauto.com usually has akebonos for around $65

That's still higher than most dealer pads, which are between 40-55 at wholesale.

I do not have Advanced Auto parts near me, but I do have Carquest which sells Akebono pads in one of their lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back