Rare Shelby Mustang Found While Cleaning Garage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't this be nice!

http://www.kctv5.com/news/27441267/detail.html

LECOMPTON, Kan. -- Imagine cleaning out a garage and finding something so amazing that it was like winning the lottery.

It happened to a Lecompton businessman.

Working as an auctioneer for the last 40 years, Bill Fair said he has come across some weird stuff.

"A skull ... body parts," he said.

But Fair said even he wasn't prepared for what he found recently.

What Fair found was a classic 66 Shelby Mustang -- one of only 1,100 made, and sold from Carroll Shelby's personal car lot.

The fastback was sitting in the middle of a huge pile of junk in a storage unit. It has been there 26 years and was in near perfect condition.

"In the middle of all the trash was a car," he said.

Fair didn't really know what his company had just found. A little research showed that similar cars have sold for upwards of $2 million.

Fair had been hired by a court-appointed attorney in working with the Texas attorney general's office to take over and clean out the building. When he told them about the car, they had it shipped to an auction in San Antonio.

And while Fair may never see the classic Mustang again, he will never forget it.

Fair said they've already had an offer of $60,000 for the car. The Texas attorney general's office is expecting to get around $200,000.

Man that is awesome.
Even though I am not an auctioneer and will likely never have the chance. I always thought it would be awesome to come across something like that. I know they are out there, and this just proves it.

(I want to find a rare Mopar for myself!!!)

Nice. I'll show this to my boy, he's a Mustang nut
smile.gif

that car IS NOT in mint condition. i was around in those days. we all laughed at ford about there engine of the week. saw a ford add they were talking about all these new engines, so here we go again the engine of the week, again.

Originally Posted By: CamaroT56
Mustang are slow, but sound awsome ^^

There are plenty of fast 'stangs out there. And plenty of slow Camaro's too.

COOL!

Back in the late 70s, a friend of mine bought an old farm house and in the barn, was an IIRC and old '29ish FORD Model "T"(I think!) It was total rust but, it was all there including the rats nest. Stink!

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL

I agree Im coming from mustang world, Puting a super charge in a musang just to hang with camaro with cam. So i just ditch mustang and move to dark side chevy. I still miss my old procharge gt. Dont get me wrong, if I have moneys I would like 2010+ GT 500 over 2010+ Camaro SS anyday of the week.

I agree Im coming from mustang world, Puting a super charge in a musang just to hang with camaro with cam. So i just ditch mustang and move to dark side chevy. I still miss my old procharge gt. Dont get me wrong, if I have moneys I would like 2010+ GT 500 over 2010+ Camaro SS anyday of the week.

Have you SEEN the new 5.0L?

It was the 4.6L SOHC that needed a blower to hang with a cammed LSx. The Mach's would hold their own.... The late 90's early 2000's were an odd time for the Mustang and with the LS1 in the F-body, a great time to be a Camaro or Firebird owner. 3rd gen F-body to a 5.0L Fox was where it was at. Things got sketchy after that for a while and the Mustang was slow. Then the Camaro got axed.... Mustang was the only game in town. And now the game has changed again completely with the new 5.0L.

I'd say right now is a great time to be in either camp, though I must admit I've never had an inkling to "change sides". The only F-bodies I ever liked were the 1st gen split-bumper Camaro and the 4th gen Firehawk and T/A.

Have you SEEN the new 5.0L?

It was the 4.6L SOHC that needed a blower to hang with a cammed LSx. The Mach's would hold their own.... The late 90's early 2000's were an odd time for the Mustang and with the LS1 in the F-body, a great time to be a Camaro or Firebird owner. 3rd gen F-body to a 5.0L Fox was where it was at. Things got sketchy after that for a while and the Mustang was slow. Then the Camaro got axed.... Mustang was the only game in town. And now the game has changed again completely with the new 5.0L.

I'd say right now is a great time to be in either camp, though I must admit I've never had an inkling to "change sides". The only F-bodies I ever liked were the 1st gen split-bumper Camaro and the 4th gen Firehawk and T/A.

yea man the new 5.0 is fast. Im glad they brought back the 302. And you already know GM, if ford come out with something 500whp, GM will come out with something 550whp ^^. As long their are muscle car around, these battle will never be over.

Last edited by a moderator:
note: i wasnt trying say anything bad about ford engines, ill leave that to the people that have them. i was just saying that ford has from time to time has made new engines back to back quickly.

Originally Posted By: morris
note: i wasnt trying say anything bad about ford engines, ill leave that to the people that have them. i was just saying that ford has from time to time has made new engines back to back quickly.

Lol yub, ford vs chevy will never end. Ether u a ford man or chevy man, mopar man. Its all good I love them all, ford I like the cobra, chevy I like all lol, and mopar I like the hemi.

Originally Posted By: morris

Particularly during the 60's. There was a veritable cornucopia of engine choices going on there for a period of time.

What the [censored] are you talking about??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back