Cooper CS4 Touring tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
I too just bought the CS4's for $537 out the door including road hazard, life time rotation & balance, etc . . .. So far so good they are so quiet & smooth on the road. Hopefully, I'll be able to get 60K out of them.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jackkpts
I just bought a set of V rated for my '06 Accord. Having them put on next week. Fleet Farm had them on sale, buy 3 get one free. Plus there is a $50 rebate from Cooper. Net cost is $345 including all installation, fees plus road hazard. A far cry from the $500+ I was considering for some Bridgestones.

205/60-16? I've been using 215/55-16 since I bought my '07 Accord Coupe. The extra $ is worth it.

It's a more solid ride. The 205/60 is an ok size, but I wanted a bit more for my driving style.

Audi.......

Define "more solid," please.

The 2005 Accord I'm acquiring is OEM'd with the same 205/60/16s. I was thinking of moving to 215/50/17s, but that means a wheel change, as well.

Upon much research and comparision, I purchased a set of Cooper CS4's for my 09 Corolla. Coming from the Firestone Touring S4 stockers, these tires were a very refreshing upgrade, being shockingly quieter on all surfaces. Pricing was excellent at $480 for a set of 4, The $50 rebate will bring the total to $430. Grip is improved, albeit the handling is a bit softer. I attribute this to having hit the treadwear bars on the stockers before I changed them out, so they had zero tread flex as there was practically no tread. However, the handling on the CS4 is good, and will only improve as these tires are only 2 days old, once they break in. I looked at the hydroedge and they were more than $200 over the Cooper CS4s, I am not convinced that their performance warrants that premium.

Do let us know if you see a fuel economy penalty with the Coopers. I've heard more than one person mention that. With the good fuel economy of your Corolla, you should be able to measure even a small difference in economy. What size does your car use? 195/65R15?

To All,

I cannot balance my Coopers & will be swapping them for Kumho Ecsta LX Platinums. My OEM Tires had 52K, Potenza RE92A, & never wobbled as much as the Coopers! I had a 4 wheel alignment & that did not help the wobble either.

Nevertheless, the Coopers were quiet & handle excellent but I cannot handle the jittery feeling. I've lost that loving feeling for Coopers! I hope the rest of Y'all have better luck than me!

Regards,
~Button

To All,

I guess I had defective Cooper's because the Kumho's resolved the wobbling issue.

Regards,
~Steven

I just ran a tank through with the Cooper CS4's. I didn't find any measurable difference in fuel economy. 3% is pretty tough to narrow down to tires. A couple of degrees difference in temperature, a half of dozen long lights, wind dynamics, heck even fuel can contribute to that small fluctuation in fuel consumption. We are talking about 1.5 or less mpg. Unless you were in a lab with controlled condtions, there is no way you could nail it down to just tires.

Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
After swapping out to some HydroEdge, the CS4s seem mushy.

Did you buy the 80k or 60k CS4? Is it the same speed rating as the HydroEdge?

I have no doubt the CS4s I put on my van will make 80k. I've put 5000 miles on them and they have been outstanding in every facet - a tremendous improvement over the GY Integritys that were on the van when I bought it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back