TPM Sensor Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, now that I've bragged on Walmart's TLE, I may have an issue.

The way I understand that TPM sensors are supposed to be installed is this, from inside out:

1) Sensor
2) Seal washer
3) Seal (rubber)
4) Wheel
5) Nut

On at least one of the wheels (probably all four), I can see the seal washer between the nut and the wheel. I know the original seal washers aren't still in there, because I did ask for all parts to be returned, and the seal washers were in the bag.

So I ask...is it going to hurt anything if the seal washers are on the outside of the wheel? Is it going to damage the sensor itself if that washer isn't there? If the wheels don't leak, should I really care at this point? Out of principle, I'd like them to make it right, but I also understand that no matter who you take a vehicle to for tire work, there's always a risk of damaged wheels when humans and tire mounting machines are involved.

Thanks.

I contacted Dill Air Controls, and they let me know that the kit was installed correctly on my vehicle. I sent them an instruction sheet that I found on the internet that showed the washer going on the inside of the wheel, and the nut torqing directly against the wheel, and they said that was for a different sensor design, used in many GM and Chrysler applications. For the sensor in my Toyota, the washer does go on the outside of the wheel as installed by Walmart.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
I contacted Dill Air Controls, and they let me know that the kit was installed correctly on my vehicle. I sent them an instruction sheet that I found on the internet that showed the washer going on the inside of the wheel, and the nut torqing directly against the wheel, and they said that was for a different sensor design, used in many GM and Chrysler applications. For the sensor in my Toyota, the washer does go on the outside of the wheel as installed by Walmart.

Good post.
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back