Anybody used the 3m diy fuel system cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I am new here and i was wondering if anyone used the 3m diy fuel system cleaner? It was on sale at Oreilys here in amarillo at 13.83. The normal price is around 40 or 50 dollars. Did i get a good deal?

csx i used that on my truck about 10k mi. ago except i paid full price. You did good pricewise. I think it did a good job of cleaning and I think its alot safer on a newer car than seafoam IMHO.

here is the reciept

oreily.jpg

Heck, take my credit card and buy them all; don't wait until payday :)

It is NOT showing up on ORielly's website and we don't have that chain around here.

Currently it is being sold for close to $70 on the 3M website. It has never been under $35 even on sale for last few years.

- Vikas

Last edited:
Seriously, go back and pick up as many as possible. You will have no trouble ebaying them if you decided to go that way. This kit has uniformly great reviews.

- Vikas

Personally, when I use Amsoil's Power Foam, I just be sure to spray the throttle plate like crazy while treating the top-end. That way, while the engine is sitting after the can empties, I can wipe off what it helped clean at the throttle plate. That and a fuel cleaner is about the same price as the 3M DIY kit altogether, what the OP paid anyway otherwise you are paying a lot for what is included. Isn't the same thing bieng accomplished?

Unless, of course, the 3M kit is supposed to be a professional level product(not typically used by walk in consumers).

If 3M makes a product, you can be assured that it would be either the best or close to the best product in that category. I have yet to find a mediocre 3M product of *any type*.

This particular product is aimed at DIY guys but supposedly has the potency of their similar professional product.

Using PowerFoam or similar sprays and spraying them while the engine is running and air intake snorkel is off only works for vehicles which do NOT use MAF sensors. This kit allows you put the snorkel back while it sprays the intake as engine runs. The can also has the lock button to keep it spraying. I am sure the idea is nothing new but it is the implementation which can make or break a product and this one delivers.

Having said all that, I do have this kit but I paid lot more for it and I am saving it for "a rainy day". If I can only convince the OP to buy the entire stock and ship it to me, I will be thrilled!

- Vikas

Last edited:
haha, I see. My friend with the modded Titan truck had someone from his home state sell him something from Mighty Auto Parts, a kit just like this or very similar. One was designed to hook up to the break booster line with the engine running, another for the gas tank I believe as well, etc.

I believe 3M makes quality products, no doubt, though. It's just to see the market saturated with half measures or lame duck snake oils, well you know.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Seriously, go back and pick up as many as possible. You will have no trouble ebaying them if you decided to go that way. This kit has uniformly great reviews.

- Vikas

O'reilly around here had them for $14.99 in late March, bought em all!
banana2.gif

John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back