Upgraded!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Notice anything different?

IMAG0016.jpg

Yup. That's two 5770s in Crossfire, and a Brand spankin new XFX Pro 650W Modular Power Supply. Quite pleased with the results.

I'm thinking of adding another 5870 in CF when I finally put my 2600K into service... Although I don't need to, the price is right on those cards right now.

Looks good. What are you primarily playing to stress the 5770's?

Looks like your canooter chip is getting overloaded. Might wanna check the specs on the rotary CK4719 switch so you don't fry the pentaframe.

smile.gif
Sorry, I am SO out of touch with computer hardware these days! Regardless, I'm glad you got something you wanted and that it gives you the performance you are looking for....... whatever it is!
wink.gif

By the way, I run...
Crysis
Crysis Warhead
Crysis 2 (GRRRR, can't because Multi-GPU is broken)
Just Cause 2 (hilariously fun, just pretty much destroy everything)
Mass Effect
Mass Effect 2
Simcity 4 DE
Flight Simulator X
Portal
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky/ Call of Pripyat

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
I play a number of the same games.

BTW, here are my 3DMark scores:

3DMark Vantage P18295 3DMarks

That's a single 5870 on an i5.

Will update with '11 after I run it.

Hah, my two 5770s give me a higher graphics 3dmark score than your single 5870 does. But your processor demolishes mine. Hmmm, time to mess around with overclocking some more methinks.

Originally Posted By: Nick R
Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
I play a number of the same games.

BTW, here are my 3DMark scores:

3DMark Vantage P18295 3DMarks

That's a single 5870 on an i5.

Will update with '11 after I run it.

Hah, my two 5770s give me a higher graphics 3dmark score than your single 5870 does. But your processor demolishes mine. Hmmm, time to mess around with overclocking some more methinks.

You are at almost 3.8, which is what I have mine running at, so clock-for-clock, we are pretty similar.

To compare:

Mine:
Code:

3DMark Score 18295.98 3DMarks

Graphics Score 18570.33

CPU Score 17519.52

Jane Nash 58.25 FPS

New Calico 50.41 FPS

AI Test 2513.41 operations/s

Physics Test 20.98 operations/s

Yours:
Code:

3DMark Score 16735.54 3DMarks

Graphics Score 18754.17

CPU Score 12650.56

Jane Nash 57.27 FPS

New Calico 52.52 FPS

AI Test 1633.84 operations/s

Physics Test 19.7 operations/s

So 18,570.33 for the 5870 vs 18,754.17 for the two 5770's. Not a huge difference eh?

Big diff on the CPU though.

Looks like clock-for-clock, the i5 is a fair bit faster.

Nah. No matter what I do, I can't get it any higher than 3.75. Any higher, no matter the voltage, it blue screens in prime95 after a few seconds. Oh well. And yeah I knew the i5 was faster than the Phenom II clock-for-clock, but ti's still plenty fast.

Nah. No matter what I do, I can't get it any higher than 3.75. Any higher, no matter the voltage, it blue screens in prime95 after a few seconds. Oh well. And yeah I knew the i5 was faster than the Phenom II clock-for-clock, but ti's still plenty fast.

That sucks bud
frown.gif

I was trying for 4.0, but she requires a LOT of voltage to run 4.0, it'll run 3.8 at stock voltage. So I'm just leaving it here.

I'm actually thinking of switching to NVidia again... Just can't justify spending the money right now. With ATI part of AMD now... Just doesn't feel right, LOL

The interesting thing is it will run 3.75 at stock voltage. But even 125mhz higher, even if I kick the voltage up a lot, it is unstable. Tried different combos of HT/Mutliplier, and just refuses to be stable above 3.8.

And stick with AMD. They've been making ATis cards since what, 2007, 2008? Still better, imo.

The interesting thing is it will run 3.75 at stock voltage. But even 125mhz higher, even if I kick the voltage up a lot, it is unstable. Tried different combos of HT/Mutliplier, and just refuses to be stable above 3.8.

And stick with AMD. They've been making ATis cards since what, 2007, 2008? Still better, imo.

But it feels like a GM transmission in a Ford car, lol.... so dirty!!! HEHEHHEEH
grin.gif

Heh. Pretty much everyone makes really good automatic transmissions these days though. Can't say though I don't wish for the awesome 5 speed auto in the mustang. I need another gear between 2-3.

Heh. Pretty much everyone makes really good automatic transmissions these days though. Can't say though I don't wish for the awesome 5 speed auto in the mustang. I need another gear between 2-3.

Exactly, and AMD/ATI and NVidia both make good video cards
wink.gif

Put a AMD Radeon 6950 in my Intel machine not too long ago. Was seriously considering an nVidia solution, but the price/performance had me with the 6950. Plus I flashed it to a 6970 now, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back