Cenpeco synthetic blend 5W-30 08 Nissan Altima

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bottom two have a much different add pack than the first or second. That looks like 3 different kinds of oil to me in the four runs analyzed.

Originally Posted By: Brons2
The bottom two have a much different add pack than the first or second. That looks like 3 different kinds of oil to me in the four runs analyzed.

I also thought there was quite a bit of difference, but I know they are all the same oil.

I would switch to a major personally, any particular reason the Cu was so high in the oldest sample? Either way the last two runs were very good. So it is up to you if you want to switch. I just wouldn't like the inconsistency of the add pack. Thanks for posting!

Originally Posted By: chubbs1
I would switch to a major personally, any particular reason the Cu was so high in the oldest sample? Either way the last two runs were very good. So it is up to you if you want to switch. I just wouldn't like the inconsistency of the add pack. Thanks for posting!

I was worried at first too, but after I took the second sample and it was lower I just figured it had to do with break-in since the car only had around 6500 miles on it when it was sampled the first time.

Thanks

I haven't heard of this oil and also don't know much about it's history. If it's very cheap for you AND you continue to get UOA? Perhaps continued use can be recommended. If it's the same as running another full syn, I'd just go over to a major brand as suggested before.

Cenpeco makes some good products, their 15w40 in particular is very robust. I have not used their automotive oils in a long time, but if you can get the oil at a reasonable cost it should do fine. As for the UOA's, try a different lab next time.

Originally Posted By: Rob_Roy
Cenpeco makes some good products, their 15w40 in particular is very robust. I have not used their automotive oils in a long time, but if you can get the oil at a reasonable cost it should do fine. As for the UOA's, try a different lab next time.

Yeah, I run their S-3 15W-40 in my Cummins powered Dodge, with which I have had good results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back