Looking for Soft Riding Tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tire Size: 215/70-15

What do you guys recommend?
55.gif

Check out surveys and customer reviews at TireRack.com for Goodyear Assurance Comfortread (or Comfortread Touring). I have gone through a set on both cars and they can't be beat for all around combination of low road noise, smooth ride, and good wet road/snow traction.

Have replaced one worn out set with Michelin "X" from Costco but would stay with the Goodyears if doing it over. The "X" is a good tire but road noise is MUCH more noticeable.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
But stiff-riding, good handling tires are the way to go.
56.gif

On fresh newly paved smooth roads yes.
grin2.gif

The roads around here in Clovis, CA are in bad shape.
confused2.gif

What I would like to do to the Clovis city mayor is ----->
06.gif

Well, if a soft ride is your only metric, it's hard to beat the Goodyear Integrity. They're not the best performing tires out there, but they ARE soft and smooth. I've experienced a number of sets in that size on ChryCo minivans. For more money, the Goodyear Assurance ComforTred is another good choice.

I have had both the Integrity's(hated them!) and Comfort Treads(love them!) on my wifes Lexus and the CT's are deffinately the better choice. The CT are a better wet weather performing tire.

Not sure if you can even get the Integrity's any more cause I haven't looked as they are such a poor rated and I can confirm that.

Another excellent choice is the Hankook Optimo H727 which get rave reviews and are an even higher rated tire compared to the ComftTrds and may be better priced than the G/Y's. My daughters has them on her Mazda 3 and my buddy has them on his Camry and CR-V. The reveiws are top notch.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: The Critic

Probably the Goodyear Assurance ComforTred Touring.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?...h%20OE%20Wheels

Exactly.

I have a set of the ComforTred Tourings on a '99 Buick Park Avenue. Goodyear understood the market for this tire PERFECTLY!

I have 40,000 miles on this set, and they're about half gone.

My folks are looking at replacing the '99 Park Avenue with a '10 Chrysler Town and Country. As soon as the T&C would need tires, if I can get them, it will be another set of ComforTreds.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
I suggested the Integrity in this case because the Integrity actually outperformed every other tire in this test (including the ComforTred) on dry pavement:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=121

As noted, it's not a good wet-weather performer. But since the OP lives in the Central Valley of California, wet performance may not be a concern.

I liked the Ingtegrity's when they were new and they lasted 60K. But, very soon after buying the car, the newness of the tires wore off quickly. Yeah, they're fine on dry roads but anything wet made the car feel insecure. I have read reviews from others who loved the Integ's and I have to say that they were smooth, quiet, good riding and by a small margin, slightly better MPG. But, none of those attributes were worth replacement when there are better tires for similar money

IMHO, the Integ's are the type of tire that gets the car off of the lot or show room floor during a test drive and not a good replacement tire. I think that most of the tire reviews will substantiate this!

I'm sure that the OP will encounter rain at some point and should the OP need to do a hard stop on wet roads, this could mean the difference between an accident or not. With the Integ's, I have never had ABS kick in so often with any other tires as I did with the Integ's and it caused longer stopping distances as most people and pro-drivers will tell ya. Just too scarry!

With the ComfTrds, this cured all of these short commings. I have to sometimes stomp on the brake peddal(icey roads) to make sure that the ABS still works...It does! That's the difference between good tires and not so good tires(Integrity's). And I'm being kind to the Integ's by not calling them rubbish...OOPS!
smile.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: PandaBear
Integrity is not soft and smooth. I'd recommend Yokohama Avid TRZ for your size.

I've had the TRZ and it rode pretty firm. The Yokohama Avid Touring-S is the ride quality king in Yokohama's line.

For a compromise of ride comfort, low noise, long tread life, low cost and wet/dry performance I would pick either Hankook Optimo H727 or Yokohama AVID TOURING-S.

Just installed a set of GY Comfortreads last week and they are very quiet and soft riding.

For a cheaper alternative I highly recommend my previous tire, the General Altimax HP. These are also Grand Touring tires like the Comfortreads.

My top choice would be Michelin Harmony's or Symmetry's for soft ride. Other tires I would consider would be the Cooper CS4 Touring, Hankook Optimo H727

I put the ComforTred on our company's two Odyssey minivans. Fairly noticeable difference over the OEM tires (General something, I believe). There was also a rebate which made the deal even sweeter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back