Exxon Superflo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello again, and do any of you folks here know if the Exxon Superflo is still a good oil for 4-5k with a good filter like Purolator P-1 or WIX? I still see this oil at advance auto parts. Friend of mine with a older cavalier was wondering; I dont see many reason why not.

thank you in advance,

adam v

Try the new SN GF-5 Mobil Super 5000 with titanium - easy 5K and $11.50 at wallys for 5q jug - It killed the new PYB in our forester. It also has a sinister looking Jug!

Thanks guys and I will let him know bout it. His 98' cavalier has like 103k on it, no problems and he generally uses a pure one filter or napa gold on it with whatever is on sale; says he wants to try Formula Shell or Superflo.

thanks again, and heck I may use it on my civic also!

Originally Posted By: Silver_civic
His 98' cavalier has like 103k on it

Easly 6,7,8k in that 2.2,there easy on oil,great little motors.

Must be not having any moly any more, no boron any more, lots of sodium and a whopping 36 ppm of titanium. What a deal at $11.50
cry.gif

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Try the new SN GF-5 Mobil Super 5000 with titanium - easy 5K and $11.50 at wallys for 5q jug - It killed the new PYB in our forester. It also has a sinister looking Jug!

Originally Posted By: Silver_civic
Thanks and you watching the hockey playoffs? Michigan is still in it.

thanks again,

adam

Oh sorry no i'm not kids got command(again)
mad.gif

Only UOA will tell you if the oil has any significant issues for YOUR use and YOUR driving profile. You could see things like shear out of grade, high oxidation, fuel dilution, etc. which would help decide.

Originally Posted By: ottotheclown
Must be not having any moly any more, no boron any more, lots of sodium and a whopping 36 ppm of titanium. What a deal at $11.50
cry.gif

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
And it fully meets the strict API SM and GF-5 specs. So what dont YOU know about lubricant additisation by looking at a VOA?! Molys' dissappearing everywhere with the advent of GF-5 Could it possibly increase piston deposits and cause ring sticking? Not compatible with E85? Formula Shell SMwas moly loaded - smooth stuff.

Last edited:
So does the current Exxon Superflo still have a decent additive package? Talked to a older man that I work with and he uses it and it alone in his old 91' toyota 2wd truck and no complaints; he said he would try it if I was inclined. Might look at advance and autozone this thursday or friday and get some.

thanks

adam

Also; anyone here know if you can buy Superflo in a 5qt jug? I have a k mart near me and a target and there are walgreens bout 20 min from me. I am in the Pittsburgh pa area.

superflo is a good oil but why seek it out when M5000 is soooo cheap? i believe the M5000 is actually a step up.

thats like blowing off the $2 a qt QS sale at orielly's and seeking out $2.25 Formula shell

I agree with you there Electolover, just was wondering if it was just as good or decent in the additive department. Friend of mine bout some this afternoon and is going to use it for a 4 month oci, then we will cut his filter open.

If I can get it at advance I will or go to autozone.

Go to 'advanced seach', type 'Cavalier' into the subject, and 'Buffman' into the username section.

You will come up with 3-4 UOA's done on a 2001 Cavalier on Mobil 5000 10W-30 at 7-8k...they came out pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back