Nissan Micra k11 NCVT fluid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all from Italy

Yesterday my Nissan dealer changed the fluid/oil of my NCVT (I have a 1997 K11 Micra 1.3) with the NS-1 CVT fluid

but at home, looking on the internet, i found this site

http://akisada.trustpass.alibaba.com...luid_NS_1.html

where they say to use another type of fluid, this, if 'im right...

http://akisada.trustpass.alibaba.com...sotherproduct1

The car handbook reccomend to chenage the fluid in a Nissan center or to use a Dexron III fluid

I used the car today and it goes well, but is there any danger for the transmission? do i need to change the fluid? is there a big difference between the two types of fluid?

Thanks in advance for yor help!

p.s. sorry for my poor english

I'm not sure of the equivalent car and transmission in the USA. Certainly not a Nissan 1.3L with CVT in the USA in 1997 that I know of.

Also, your links don't work for me.

I would say in this case, just double check with the dealer. But Dex III does not seem right, just speculating - NS-1 CVT fluid sounds correct!

March is the global name for the Micra.

So read..

Quote:
Exception: in N-CVT of K11 March/Micra, use Matic Fluid D

Edit: Pablo Fluid D and Dex III is close to the same thing right?

Last edited:
The N-CVT is a non-Nissan/Jatco box which I believe we originally saw in the Subaru Justy, which took Dexron.

If it does take DexronIII or D-matic, a full synthetic Dexron would be a good ungrade.

The question is, can NS-1 be considered an upgrade over Dexron or D-matic?

CVTF's perform better than ATF's.

I wouldn't worry about if you are under warranty. But, you should ask your dealer why they used NS-1 CVTF instead of the required matic-D.

The Nissan-Matic D formulation is essentially a Dexron III.

A real CVT fluid is a formulation with special "traction" chemistry and is in general not compatible with DexronIII.

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
The Nissan-Matic D formulation is essentially a Dexron III.

A real CVT fluid is a formulation with special "traction" chemistry and is in general not compatible with DexronIII.

That's my way of thinking as well.

looking on the web i found some products, like this one, that are compaitble with NS-1 and with MaticD

http://www.eneos.us/product/7

so do not think it can be dangerous, or almost not in few days

Anyway I hope that Nissan Italy will reply asap... the car is old (but it has very low mileage and runs perfectly) and obviously not under warranty, anyway if they did a mistake, they are responsible for it

Thank you guys for your help!!

Last edited:
do not know if it may help, but looking better the handbook suggests not only DexronIII but also Dexron IIE... maybe there are more chance of compatibilyty with NS-1

Dex IIE is just a previous Dexron version,it does not appear to any more compatible then Dex III.
You really need to speak to a Nissan service rep.
Call the dealer you took it to first and tell them what your concern is and give them a chance to remedy it.
If they give you a song and dance tell them you will contact Nissan directly,that may light a little fire under them.

I would accept the word from Nissan themselves if they say it no problem but not the dealer.
Document anything they tell you in writing in case the unit lets go in the future from a fluid related problem.

You can bet if they used the wrong fluid and this thing dies in a few months they will try to cover their arse.

Thanks mate... as said i directly contacted Nissan Italy (for the same reasons you just told) filling a form; today they required me some more data, and i'm waiting for their answer at the question!
And i also found the "bill" of the previous fluid change done by the same dealer, in which they used the ATF (MaticD).

I will keep you informed, guys!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back