HK LEM Trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just converted my 9mm USP to the LEM (Law Enforcement Modification) trigger.
Video Decription
Just from my double checking functionality, I like it. Im going to take it to the range this weekend and give it a through run though.
Anybody else have this setup?

I have it on an HK USP Compact in .40 - came from the factory that way...pull isn't bad, accuracy is good, though it's no target pistol...

Love it.

OBTW, I saw about 90,000 rounds put through a set of 80 of these guns in a week...without cleaning or maintenance...not one misfire or jam.

Not one.

An outstanding reliability record.

cheers,

I have 2 LEM triggered H&Ks. One is a USPc in 40 s&w & the other a p2000sk in 40 also. I did change out the fpb(firing pin block) spring in my USP 40c to take about 1 lb off the pull. I followed the instructions from the H&K forums site & used the proper roll pin punch to not damage the pin.

Some guys want to compare the LEM trigger to the likes of a S/A 1911 trigger. They are not made to be compared. The LEM is there to be a simple,safe,easy to deploy trigger. For CC or duty use I think they are great. They may take a little getting used to but I like the LEM trigger when used as designed.

Originally Posted By: Mr_Joe
I have 2 LEM triggered H&Ks. One is a USPc in 40 s&w & the other a p2000sk in 40 also. I did change out the fpb(firing pin block) spring in my USP 40c to take about 1 lb off the pull. I followed the instructions from the H&K forums site & used the proper roll pin punch to not damage the pin.

Some guys want to compare the LEM trigger to the likes of a S/A 1911 trigger. They are not made to be compared. The LEM is there to be a simple,safe,easy to deploy trigger. For CC or duty use I think they are great. They may take a little getting used to but I like the LEM trigger when used as designed.

I set mine up with the heavy LEM trigger spring, but the others are factory V1 including the hammer spring. I went back and forth on what springs I wanted; tore it down three times to change the trigger spring out.
I agree with you on intended use. You would think with a name like "Law Enforcement Modification" it would be pretty obvious its designed as a duty trigger.

I went out yesterday and put 300 rounds through it. Only trouble I had was a single FTE due to a squib from a box of WWB.
Im very happy with the trigger. I always would have trouble with the heavy first DA pull; I didnt like the inconsistency. I played with lighter hammer springs, but in the end I had decided to just deal with it because HK had put that weight spring in there for a reason.
It did confuse the heck out of my brother. He told me that he was having trouble with it, so I watched exactly what he was doing. He was letting the trigger completely out between shots. I had explained how it worked, but I ended up taking it from him and showing him to hold the trigger back between shots and then let it out until it resets.
I did discover tonight however that the kit I bought didnt include a new (longer) catch. They stopped including it in the kit because it became standard in '05+ USPs. I have a '01. Ill have to call HK Monday and inquire about a new catch.

Last edited:
I have an H&K or 2 around here somewhere with the DA/SA trigger. I will agree, that 1st pull with the DA trigger can be a finger-full. That's what I like to compare the 'pre-cocked' LEM trigger to, it's so much better. If it comes time to deploy your weapon quickly it's that 1st pull that is critical. Of course at the range & such we can pull the hammer back for that light SA pull.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back