emgo 10-55660 any good ? for a suzuki bike ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I refuse to pay 15$ at the dealer for a Suzuki motorcycle oil filter , according to this website filter , the second best filter is the emgo 10-55660 ,and i can buy it online for 4.50 $ , does anyone has experience w/this filter ?

HiFlo Filtro is another good filter, made in Thailand. They also make the motorcycle oil filters for K&N. WIX/NAPA are good, but pricey. Fleetfilters.com has them at good prices, especially if you buy a year's worth of filters for the family fleet and combine the shipping charges.

I've been using Purolator ML16818's from Amazon - buy 4 and get free shipping (I think that promo's still going on), around $6.50/ea. They're not made in the US and I'm not sure where they come from, but I've used them for a while on a number of bikes with no probs. The local NAPA guy gets me the 1359's for around $6.50, too..
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Ken2
HiFlo Filtro is another good filter, made in Thailand. They also make the motorcycle oil filters for K&N.

E-mail from http://www.calsci.com/ :

Don't do it. K&Ns are made by Hi-Flo. I know of five cases of hi-flo or K&N filters collapsing, cutting off all oil flow.

We expect to have an announcement about suzuki filters next week. I'm running an ST7317 on my VStrom right now - that's a synthetic media filter normally for hondas and yamahas.

Originally Posted By: carabusa
Originally Posted By: Ken2
HiFlo Filtro is another good filter, made in Thailand. They also make the motorcycle oil filters for K&N.

E-mail from http://www.calsci.com/ :

Don't do it. K&Ns are made by Hi-Flo. I know of five cases of hi-flo or K&N filters collapsing, cutting off all oil flow.

Can't find this "email" you are talking about in the link you posted. Can you do a more direct link?

He's working with a guy to make and sell adapters. I question this practice as there is the possibility of filters with the wrong internal bypass setting or wrong filtration capability. In addition, I wouldn't run SuperTech anything on my vehicles unless I was stuck away from good products.

SuperTech filters are on par with Emgo. Both are low priced, lower quality filters.
SuperTech filters have been run/used on cycles for many years with no issues.
They meet auto maker specs.

Originally Posted By: dwendt44
SuperTech filters are on par with Emgo. Both are low priced, lower quality filters.

Emgo's bike filters quality blows the doors of an E-core ST.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: heavyhitter
Originally Posted By: dwendt44

Emgo's bike filters quality blows the doors of an E-core ST.

how do you know for sure ?

Ive taken 2 of them apart.
You can also search the web and see disassmbled Emgo's they are a solid filter. SOLID all metal construction, decent media.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back