New tires arrived

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSCN0064.jpg

DSCN0063.jpg

DSCN0059.jpg

These tires came out last year and so far the reviews on tirerack.com are great. Out of 30 or so other tires in the category, these are ranked #1. I got them at Treadepot.com. Hope to have them installed this week.

Product description:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?...ewall=Blackwall

If you actually believe that Goodyear really has a 50 series tire that will last 80000 miles I have some fine property in new Orleans to show you.
My best guess is that you will get half of that life and excuses from Goodyear.
Nice looking tires, I just have never had good tread wear from any Goodyear tire other than a wrangler truck tire.
Ask any nascar driver you happen to see whats the softest tire, goodyear it be.

Originally Posted By: jjjxlr8
Very subtle asymmetric design. Do they say "mount this side out" on one side?

Yes as a matter of fact they do.

Good looking tread design . They look to have a low rolling resistance . Let us know if you have an increase or decrease in gas mileage with those as time goes by . Also , inform all for performance in rain and other conditions . Enjoy .

The last two sets of GY tires I've had were egg shaped...took seven TripleTreds to find four round ones. You might check these closely for roundness and return any that are eccentric. Big bother, but that's GY.

Well I was able to get them mounted today. Got up to 62 mph on the way home (rural hwy). First impression is great. Unbelievably quiet. I hear the engine a lot more now. I'll have a better review after I've driven to work a couple times (which is mostly interstate) and can really try them out.

Ken2: That sounds like a bad batch. My had has gone through 2 sets of Tripletreads on 2 different vehicles, and swears by them. Interestingly, none of my Comfortreads required any weights. The tech said he just matched them up with the tpms sensors and they were good. This is in stark contrast to the Generals I had on there, which required a lot of weights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back