So wanted the day off...F1 at Bathurst today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was really wanting today of all days off...not so, as new job means catch-up.

Button ran his F-1 car around arguably the greatest racetrack in the world (It's fun to drive), and shaved 18 seconds (15%) off the V-8 supercars best time.

Gave the car to Craig Lowndes, who was a second slower (1%).

http://www.ozracingwrap.com/news/formula...o-bathurst.html

I've stood at this spot and watched the hillclimbers (and NASCARS) go through here, and this is seriously fast.

Emirates have a $5k/night motel near here...maybe F1 and Bathurst are an item ?

Doubt it really, but the guys seem to have been taking it pretty easy.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Doubt it really, but the guys seem to have been taking it pretty easy.

Dare I say that Hamilton would have been quicker?
27.gif

Was it last year or the two year old car? looks like the 2009, but it goes fast by, even with Button at the wheel
wink.gif

Not that Button is not fast, but I believe during a PR event, Hamilton would have gone a little closer to the edge: he is young and just wants to have fun, like Kubicka, for example.

I love the delay between the video and the audio, that is just show how loud are these cars.

Thanks for sharing.

Actually, it's a pre-'09 spec car, I'm guessing '07 - '08. Look at the low set wide rear wing and the large dihedral front wing.

Originally Posted By: Pesca
Dare I say that Hamilton would have been quicker?
27.gif

Probably!

I hope McLaren has their car sorted out for this weekend. I'd like to see another competitive season.

The car is an MP4-23. It was the design that Lewis Hamilton won the 2008 Driver's World Championship with. McLaren finished second in the 2008 Constructor's World Championship with it, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back