Cub Cadet 2542

Status
Not open for further replies.
35.gif

The auction is thursday evening, we will see what happens. KCF, I've looked at those 265's, gt275's etc... not overly impressed with that series at all. I had a 265 briefly and it wasn't the machine my 216 was. I seriously think my old 110 would've out pulled it. What years did the Kawasaki engine's have cam gear problems?

Originally Posted By: HM12460
The auction is thursday evening, we will see what happens. KCF, I've looked at those 265's, gt275's etc... not overly impressed with that series at all. I had a 265 briefly and it wasn't the machine my 216 was. I seriously think my old 110 would've out pulled it. What years did the Kawasaki engine's have cam gear problems?
There isnt a GT265, and i refereced a gt275 i have for age (15+ yrs) i recommended the more modern Gt235 or GT245 or even newer x300 seireis for you. I have a GT275, GT245, and recently purchased an older LX188, i wouldnt trade my 2 GTs for 10 cub/mtd 2000/2500 series. also i havent seen that many kaw cam issues, but numerours command valve train issues. im just trying to help ya out. i nearly have carpal tunnel from filling cub warranty claims over the past 30 yrs

here do this, go to tractor house dot com, and see what things are going for........... on a side note your saying you 110 would out pull whatever, thats unimportant, homestly any thing older and still going is going to outpull anything comparable of today and the reason is weight, has nothing to do with mowing! most all pulling mowers ive seen are IH made over 30 yr old again i stress IH made cub and comparable wheelhorses. I even said i had an ih made 129 and loved it, id take it over a jd 110 any day yesterday thats but today is today! and i basically cried out for a testimony of a 10 yr old cub 2000/2500 series still lookin/goin good, and ppl love to argue down here as you can see! but as you can see no takers!! i asked for 4 and didnt get1, im trying to help

Last edited:
and mr hm12460, i ONLY post down here when i know what im talking about and can offer experience! JTK looks at me as a dip sit salesman because i go against his brand and he gets deffensive, i RAN a large ope dealership for over 30 yrs. it wasnt a salesman and a mechanich as jtk thinks. we sold JD, Cub, scag, exmark, troybilt tillers, bcs tillers, white, snapper, husqvarna, echo, and red max. i was over sales, service, and parts (GM). if you look at the current grasshopper thread, do you see me chimeing in? NO! why? i have no EXPERIENCE, i dont just say things down here to just argue, nor passify ppl! i will say our larest parts section, cub, our most warranty claims, cub, kept our service dept busiest, cub

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: kcfx4
There isnt a GT265, and i refereced a gt275

Once again, more wrong information. There most certainly is (or was) A JD GT265.

We owned a GT262 which was a 17hp Kawasaki single and a Tufftorq 5spd HD gear drive.

The GT265 was the same thing, aside from having a Tufftorq hydrostatic drive.

They are great machines. Many people got spooked from their stamped and welded steel front axles, but I don't think I've ever heard of a problem with them.

The 17hp single cyl Kawi was also an outstanding engine. Awesome power, smooth and great on fuel. The only issue we had was if you parked it nose-down, you'd occasionally get a massive cloud of blue smoke on startup.

I'd have to research the cam gear thing. I don't have any direct experience with it.

Joel

joel, a gt262 yes, gt265 no, the gt275 is the same as the gt262 but the gt275 had the hydro, not a gt265 wich dont exist, no misimformation here

Last edited:
Thanks Hoot.

Colonel is correct in that the GT262 and 275 are the proper series sequence, but the 265 did exist. The 265 had the ridiculous tree snagger lift lever. Many were tore off due to this.

Joel

Last edited:
thats a 265, not a GT265, wich all of my posts reference the GT series, in wich there isnt a gt265 and joel cleary stated gt265, well and i mentioned the newer x300 series a couple times, and i never ever said there wasnt a 265, i said there isnt a gt265

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JTK
There isnt a GT265, and i refereced a gt275

Once again, more wrong information. There most certainly is (or was) A JD GT265.

We owned a GT262 which was a 17hp Kawasaki single and a Tufftorq 5spd HD gear drive.

They are great machines. Many people got spooked from their stamped and welded steel front axles, but I don't think I've ever heard of a problem with them.

The 17hp single cyl Kawi was also an outstanding engine. Awesome power, smooth and great on fuel. The only issue we had was if you parked it nose-down, you'd occasionally get a massive cloud of blue smoke on startup.

I'd have to research the cam gear thing. I don't have any direct experience with it.

Joel
read

Thanks Hoot.

Colonel is correct in that the GT262 and 275 are the proper series sequence, but the 265 did exist. The 265 had the ridiculous tree snagger lift lever. Many were tore off due to this.

Joel

OK, not a Deere guy and did not think they sliced and diced their model numbers that way.

Oh well!

well, i can understand a non deere man having difficulty with the deere model numbers, and joels post was pretty well correct with his post except the model number, and the reason i got deffensive is because said "more wrong info from kcfx4" when i was ABSOLUTELY CORRECT! I am a deere man when it comes to mowers (non lowes), infact i bleed green. And joel you said MORE wrong info, that would mean there would have to actually be some, ive yet to find it

well, i can understand a non deere man having difficulty with the deere model numbers, and joels post was pretty well correct with his post except the model number, and the reason i got deffensive is because said "more wrong info from kcfx4" when i was ABSOLUTELY CORRECT! I am a deere man when it comes to mowers (non lowes), infact i bleed green. And joel you said MORE wrong info, that would mean there would have to actually be some, ive yet to find it
When you get done patting yourself on the back over how SMART you are, go back and read the thread. YOU were the first one to call it a "GT265". Since it was in response to a post mentioning a JD 265, I'm pretty sure you caused the confusion here.
The auction is thursday evening, we will see what happens. KCF, I've looked at those 265's, gt275's etc... not overly impressed with that series at all. I had a 265 briefly ...
There isnt a GT265, and i ...

REALLY?, thing is i always said GT, he said 265 wich clearly isnt a gt series

Once again, more wrong information. There most certainly is (or was) A JD GT265.We owned a GT262 which was a 17hp Kawasaki single and a Tufftorq 5spd HD gear drive.

Joel

Last edited:
KCF, I've looked at those 265's, gt275's etc...

as if theyre the same series/thing is what im seeing here, all of my references were clealy GT series, also mentioned newer x300 series

Give it a break already! Ok fellas, the cubby 2542 brought $1175. I kinda liked it, but not that much. I think I'll look for a nice original late model John Deere B instead and keep my Wheel Horse for cutting grass. I like 2 cylinder John Deere's.

brought too much!! good job holding out, i had a 50 or as i called it ol putt putt, that old wheel horse will way out last those JUNK cubs!! good move

Last edited:
A 50 would be a nice tractor to have. I've restored several 2 cylinders, sold them and moved on to something else. There is a large following for the older deere models, even the new generation series. Would like to have a smaller one to run a buzz rig with. I burn a lot of firewood in the winter time. I've had several B's, a 50, and a 630.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back