Anyone tried or heard of Mystik Lubricants?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mystic makes a good product, some people don't like Mystic because the oil is purportedly from Venezuela. OTOH what oil isn't from some country that is run by some dictator. Anyhoo...it is a quality lube.

Thanks chubbs1, good to hear... I have done some reading about them, and seems the products made by Citgo are of decent quality. The Sled guys use the Sea and snow with no issues...and they have a good amount of different products out there. I`m going to give it a try in my 08 GPR.

Originally Posted By: bepperb
I can't vouch for the 2cycle, but Farm and Fleet sells a ton of their motor oil.
Living on the east coast I couldn`t find any online source for Sea and snow. after many searches I came across mystick, and low and behold made by the same manufacturer, so I read the MSDS sheets and compared them to others like sea and snow and yama 2W etc etc...
in this economy it has been increasingly difficult to get oil either at over 32$ on the shelf at dealers or high shipping costs purchased off the web...
I`m running premix and this should work out just fine...

will do, thanks!
wink.gif

I've used their gear oil for over 30 years now. It looks like cherry or strawberry snow-cone syrup, and performance is Excellent!

Back in the late 1980's my brother had a Volvo Bertone that began to make noise from the rear end/diff, at well over 100,000 miles. He tried something rec'd by a (supposed) Volvo uber-mechanic- the noise got worse. I suggested Mystic Gear Oil, based on what I learned at an oil-field trucking yard in the mid-70's. He bought a few quarts, we drained & filled the rear-end on that Volvo- and within a week or so the noise was gone. Just plain gone. He kept & drove that car for over 100,000 more miles. The rear end was still silent when he sold it at around 285,000 miles.

Great choice Palerider, I've used the PWC and it's very clean burning ,great for power valve engines, but they have an even better 2 stroke oil now - Mystik Ultimate HP -high ester content and no carbon deposits,actually removes deposits from other oils. TBN is 5.6, high for a 2 stroke oil. Air or water-cooled engines. It's an amber color, so be sure to mark your gas cans.

occity, thanks for the reply. I have the 1300 non power valve engine. I was running Amsoil 2 years ago and have my fuel jugs marked bc Amsoil is also amber... The color purple of the Mystik will make it easier even tho my fuel jugs get tagged after they are mixed. I was hesitant to try the UL HP oil because it is ashless and tcw3 rated. I have also discussed this topic on our jetski forum and the PWC oil was also suggested as a good oil to try...
Thanks...PR...

Last edited:
We use Mystic TCW3 oil routinely (from fleet farm, no less...) and it works just fine in all our Johnson outboards. No complaints on smoke or anything, even when cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back