best tool to check tire pressure for acuracy ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: CamaroT56
ok i got the napa stick pencil. any recomment on tire inflator compressor ?
almost any will work there....for simply "top offs" I got a cheap-o, $8 manual pump, it looks like a bicyle pump but it's got a bigger/wider "barrel" and the hose is a better quality "rubber"/plastic material than the ones in the "Toy" department, and this one was CHEAPER than the majority in the toy department. Picked it up at the WM Automotive department.

But yea, I've also heard of the deal with testing a couple gauges all at the same time, and keep the one that's most "consistent" - though keep in mind, when testing, some air will bleed past the head on the gauge, but no way would it cause the gauge to be 10+ psi off compared to the others :p

I had a hand-me-down digital gauge, and [censored], I didn't care for it. It didn't "seat" in the valve stem well, so it was a b^ch getting accurate readings, and then you have to hit "reset" 3 times to reset it to 0, then to set it to Kpa, and Bar, then back to PSI, to get another reading.

And so, now I'm back to a "compact" pencil gauge. It has a neat magnet/pocket clip on it, so you can tuck it in a shirt pocket.....but also has a magnet on that pocket clip that conveniently magnetizes to the inside of my fuel door. Not that I would check my psi on warm tires while filling up, but at least I know where it's at when I need it
smile.gif

P.S. the digital gauge was not a slime digital gauge :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back