Genesis

Status
Not open for further replies.
5.0 429HP Genesis is coming soon. You'll need to pull some "5.0" badges off the fenders off of Mustangs and glue them on the Genesis' fenders.

http://www.hyundaiusa.com/vehicles/future-cars.aspx

The 3.8L V6 gets DI and a power bump from 290 to 333 HP.

Now, if we could only get the newer 3.8, 4.6, and 5.0 in the Genesis coupe, and the Equus needs the 5.0 too.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
The ignorant are quick to attach some sort of stigma to a 300 and know nothing of its truly superior road manners. That's fine by me.

Luckily I didn't buy mine to impress anyone else. Nearly 180 mph top speed, very low 13 second quarter mile (mine is much faster than that), and a low 4 second 0-60 still make this one of the best "bang for the buck" sedans out there. No, it's not an economy car, but no one buys it for fuel economy. Virtually everything found on ANY luxo-boat with none of the bad road manners. Did I mention a huge back seat that easily takes 3 adults in comfort?

My car is nearly six years old with near perfect repair history and a rock solid 'feel' that is not found in any other American car. May be one of the best cars I have ever purchased in over 40 years of car buying. Hyundai-schmundai.

Too bad so many of you will never know!

They are great cars. My friends' father has a 300C AWD. It is a great car, plenty of power, solid feel, good looks.
I'd love one honestly... Just can't afford the fuel.

Originally Posted By: hpichris
There's quite a negative stigma about the 300 here too.

I hear zero negative comments about the 300 here in Miami-Dade and Broward County and there are tons of them down here.

I think the stigma is not about the quality of the vehicle, but the gangster stigma that it has.

Originally Posted By: CROWNVIC4LIFE
Originally Posted By: hpichris
There's quite a negative stigma about the 300 here too.

I hear zero negative comments about the 300 here in Miami-Dade and Broward County and there are tons of them down here.

Although I don't have the data, I think it may be a safe guess that the average 300 buyer is neither the most educated nor the most financially well off, in comparison to the buyers of some other vehicles.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
I think the stigma is not about the quality of the vehicle, but the gangster stigma that it has.

I don't like stigmas but the 300 has the gangsta image here also. I personally like the 300 but you can't compare the interior quality of the 300( at least the last generation) and the genesis. The genesis interior rivals Mercedes and BMW. Very well put together and solid. The 300 has a nice interior but the car is aimed at a different demographic.

Originally Posted By: Autobahn88
Originally Posted By: dishdude

I don't like stigmas but the 300 has the gangsta image here also. I personally like the 300 but you can't compare the interior quality of the 300( at least the last generation) and the genesis. The genesis interior rivals Mercedes and BMW. Very well put together and solid. The 300 has a nice interior but the car is aimed at a different demographic.

This

edit: add pimp mobile to that

Last edited:
But is it the fault of the 300? Did Chrysler cultivate that image? Escalade has similar association. Has it suffered the same fate?

I do fault Chrysler for blatantly ripping of Bentley in the creation of 300.

- Vikas

Originally Posted By: sayjac
Well, I kinda like the 2011 Genesis 3.8L, 290 hp on regular fuel. I think that would be all the power I need. But, I might be a tad biased seeing as the one below is my new ride.

All those posts afterward and not a single "congratulations"! You finally revealed the new ride. She looks just fine to me. I'm sure you'll enjoy it for many miles to come.

Around here also, the 300 and Escalade have the same image. Throw in old and new 7-series, old M-B S-classes, etc. Most buyers put chrome 20s or 24s on them and all the chrome stick-ons they can find in the JCW catalog.

No, that doesn't mean that all 300 buyers are like that. But the image is the image, for better or for worse.

Originally Posted By: G-MAN
Originally Posted By: L_Sludger
it's a good competitor to the Camry.

You can't be serious. The Genesis is larger, RWD, and loaded with more features.

Nothing can compete with Camry. It's in a class of its own... SNOOZE MOBILE.
lol.gif

Well, I kinda like the 2011 Genesis 3.8L, 290 hp on regular fuel. I think that would be all the power I need. But, I might be a tad biased seeing as the one below is my new ride.

Gen38L002.jpg

That is one nice looking car. Do you care to say how much it was?

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd

All those posts afterward and not a single "congratulations"! You finally revealed the new ride. She looks just fine to me. I'm sure you'll enjoy it for many miles to come.

Thanks J. Yeah went with the slanted H , this time. Liking it so far. Seemed like a timely thread to show it.

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
Nothing can compete with Camry. It's in a class of its own... SNOOZE MOBILE.
lol.gif

Exactly: I can get up earlier for work and get that last half-hour of sleep during my morning commute. On the way home, I get a power nap in and I'm ready for the evening's activities. Multi-tasking is what it's all about.
wink.gif

Thanks J. Yeah went with the slanted H , this time. Liking it so far. Seemed like a timely thread to show it.

I don't see a thing wrong with that. Hyundai definitely put their best foot forward with this one.

(And I do agree with earlier posts: this is not a Camry/Accord/etc competitor. This is more in line with the ES350/Avalon or Acura TL/RL, etc. The Sonata is the mid-sizer that competes with the Camry/Accord/Fusion/Malibu/Altima.)

Originally Posted By: Vikas

I think this is a ridiculous statement. I have never understood the association of the 300 and Bentley. I defy anyone to point to an older model Bentley, or any model that was concurrent with the introduction of the previous 300, that looks even remotely like the 2005-2010 Chrysler 300.

Definitely would take a Genesis over this!
chrysler_300C_gallery.jpg

And price wise, once you option up a toaster appliance Accord or snooze-mobile Camry, the Genesis is worth looking at(if it doesn't snow where you live).

I think this is a ridiculous statement. I have never understood the association of the 300 and Bentley. I defy anyone to point to an older model Bentley, or any model that was concurrent with the introduction of the previous 300, that looks even remotely like the 2005-2010 Chrysler 300.

I think this is pretty close to a 300 2009 Bentley Brooklands
That being said, I have always had a soft spot for the 300. Would I buy one, probably not, but a good offering from Chrysler nonetheless.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Autobahn88

I think this is pretty close to a 300 2009 Bentley Brooklands
That being said, I have always had a soft spot for the 300. Would I buy one, probably not, but a good offering from Chrysler nonetheless.

Sorry, but I just don't see it. (And that's a 2-door coupe.)

Chrysler was not looking to Bentley (or any other car company) when they designed the 300. They were drawing on their own past:

1952_Chrysler_C_200_01.jpg

1955_Ghia_Chrysler_Falcon_04.jpg

And this 1998 concept (the "Chronos") was clearly the design inspiration for the 2005-2010 300:

98-Chrysler-Chronos-Concept-DV-09_MBC_01.jpg

2005-chrysler-300c-1_1600x0w.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back