top fuel used oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone ever do a uoa on this? Some nasty looking stuff to not be inside the engine that long. I just thought it was cool. It's redline 70wt.

images.jpg

From what i saw on Speed the other night the new oil going in was amber in color.
The guy was pouring the oil right down the middle of the block before the blower was on so it was a clear shot of what the new oil looked like.

I expect this is from an engine that mixed coolant with the engine oil after an engine failure. Notice the colar.

top fuel engines don't have cooling systems other than the massive amounts of nitro going into the motor. the block and heads are solid and have no coolant jackets

Yes it's amber when it's new. Correct, there is no coolant in the engines. I imagine it's nitro dilution and the extreme heat. I just had no idea it did that to it until I watched that same show on SPEED yesterday.

wouldnt there be some water made in the combustion chamber, with 3 h and 2 o in a nitro molecule and the o from the air ill bet a LOT of water is made, and blow by past the ring, might put LOTS of water in the crankcase , sometime back i asked this Q, " does a reg engine, gasoline, make a gal of water for each gal of gasoline burned". some one on this site said its all most a gal, for a gal. so nitro might do the same. just my idea

Originally Posted By: tealz
Anyone ever do a uoa on this? Some nasty looking stuff to not be inside the engine that long. I just thought it was cool. It's redline 70wt.

images.jpg

Just thought you might like to know, that is not Redline Nitro 70 oil in that pic. It is a conventional non-synthetic oil.

Speaking from our experience in using various oils in TF, that is typical of any conventional non-synthetic oil after a pass.

Redline Nitro 70 does much better at resisting fuel dilution, than the conventional oils we've tried.

Just for reference, that above pic was taken from an article on Redline's website. Here: Redline Oil

i worked the mile hi nationals this pass weekend i got to talk to alot of the pro's etc.john force, the great shirley muldowney was a guest...alot of these top fuels,funny cars,stock cars use red line,lat (lubeatech advance engineering oils),torco, kendal most use a 60-70wt.stainless steel oil filters i even saw a fram and a k&n filter..the meet was a awesome three days.. i was with alot of the mopar corp ,castrol guys on a interesting note, brad penn oil just took over the old kendal ref but did not get the old kendal formulation!! found out the crews love lubeatech oils!!and red line.....thats the same stuff that came out of castrol funny car.they had castrol 70 wt....top fuel uses methanol and nox.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back