Polaris atv premix

Status
Not open for further replies.
What ratio would be best for premix on a Polaris 90cc 2 stroke atv?
This atv has an injector system,but my oil label says nothing about using in injected applications.
The oil is mobil1 racing 2t,does anyone know if it is ok to use this oil in the injection system?The atv is only used in warm weather.

THANKS
JOEY

What happened to Mobil 1 Racing 2T?
Mobil 1 Racing 2T was discontinued in the fall of 2007, and there is no replacement for it in the Mobil 1 motorcycle oil product lineup.

I just recently came to this site looking for 2 stroke oil information and kept seeing where lots of people talked very good about the mobil racing 2t.After I googled a pic of the bottle,I knew I had seen it on the shelf at a local auto parts store.I drove to my local oreillys and they had 5 bottles for only 37 cents per quart.I then drove to 3 more and got a small stock of it.I know this oil is old but i poured some out of one bottle and it LOOKED good.

I am going to mix per equipment manufacturer on chainsaws,blowers,etc,but I am not sure about the small atv.

can't tell you what to do, you are on your own with that.

found this info, check the spec to see if the machines calls for them.

http://www.mobil.com/Australia-English/Lubes/PDS/GLXXENPVLMOMobil1_Racing_2T.aspx
Quote:
Product Description

Mobil 1 Racing 2T is an advanced performance, full synthetic, two-stroke engine oil developed to meet or exceed the highest level of lubricant requirements by today's highest performance motorcycles, snowmobiles and lean oil/fuel ratio chain saws and other two-stroke applications.

Mobil 1 Racing 2T is pre-diluted to facilitate mixing when added to fuel.

Applications

Mobil 1 Racing 2T is recommended for lubrication of two-stroke engines used in the highest performance motorcycles, snowmobiles and lean oil/fuel ratio chain saws. It is ideal for applications where API TC or JASO FD performance standards are recommended. The product helps to provide outstanding performance even in some of the harshest operating conditions.

Keep in mind racing oil is designed for racing and may not be the best choice for general all around use. Racing does not automatically mean its better, just designed the get the most out of a high performance engine. All racers care about is making to the end of race and winning at all costs.

MX2T is arguably the finest two stroke oil ever made. Here is a mail from Mobil in regards to an injector application. Use your stash with confidence. I'm going to keep working through mine. Too bad I'm down to about 5 gallons now. :-(

"Thank you for your inquiry. The Mobil 1 MX2T became Mobil 1 Racing 2T and was cancelled in the US in 2007. It is OK to use the Mobil 1 MX2T 2-cycle
> motorcycle engine oil in oil-injected 2-cycle engines.
>
>
> Technical Support Engineer (WJF)
>
>
>
>

>
> [email protected] wrote:
>
>> Good day. I have used (and really like!) Mobil 1 MX2T in my motocross
>>
> bike as a premix application. I understand that MX2T is not specifically
> recommended for an injector application. Without disclosing any proprietary
> information, can you please give the reason that MX2T is not recommended in
> an injector application? As a 30 weight oil, it certainly is in the proper
> range as far as viscosity. Several people are using it in the their Jetski
> and snowmobile injector tanks with excellent results as far as wear and
> cleanliness. That indicates to me a wide temperature range of pumpability.
> So what is the story? Please reply, I'm well stocked on MX2T, and want to
> run it in my 2 stroke scooter.
>
>> Thank You,
>> XXXXXXXXXX
>>
>>

Thanks beanoil,

I came across 23 quarts recently and I only have one 90cc ATV,chainsaw,and weed eater.Mine should last a while.I am glad to read this concerning injected apps,because I am nearly out of the Polaris oil.The mobil oil only cost me $9.10 for all 23 bottles including tax.

"MX2T is arguably the finest two stroke oil ever made."

Would you care to qualify the above comment?

Unfounded statements like that are not only misleading, they are of no significant value.

It may be a fine oil but to make such a claim is certainly over the top. There are numerous two cycle oils out that that are likely as good and some probably better.

It's only your opinion if you cannot substantiate what you're saying with documented proof of it's absolute supremacy.

Originally Posted By: boraticus

It's only your opinion if you cannot substantiate what you're saying with documented proof of it's absolute supremacy.

You seem to do it all the time with your bar oil on foam filter and diesel oil in the engine because it is cheaper so it must be good. Now you know why people with technical background don't take you seriously.

Originally Posted By: azsynthetic

You seem to do it all the time with your bar oil on foam filter and diesel oil in the engine because it is cheaper so it must be good. Now you know why people with technical background don't take you seriously.

Yeah...right.

Just like I take a sofa racer like you seriously.

boraticus, the text window isn't big enough to type all the data I have of 25 weekends a year, 4 years, supporting 3 two stroke MX bikes, listing all of the gallons of premix, jetting specs, elevations, temps, and the resultant ring gaps, bore tapers, and powervalve conditions I documented during teardown and inspections. Suffice to say, more than a few facts to base the statement on. I've read some of your other posts, and really don't care to fight over the issue. As I said, MX2T is arguably the finest two stroke oil ever made. It's still available in Europe, (amazon UK) and on either side of the pond still has a strong following. You run what you want. Jones scored when he found the stuff, and there will be no issue with him running it in the units he mentioned.

Not questioning the quality of the oil. I'm certain that it probably very good. I just find it extremely irksome when people tout the absolute supremacy of a product without proof of same.

Your personal experience regarding mechanical inspections etc. aren't much different than mine and I don't use the same oil as you. Anyone can make the claim that "their" choice of oil was the reason for "their" success.

Show us some scientific data that supports your claim of the oil's absolute superiority. If you can't, it might be wise to endorse the product but not assert that it's the very best that ever was, or is.

Making such unsupported statements tends to diminish one's credibility.

I just find it extremely irksome when people tout the absolute supremacy of a product without proof of same.

You seems to do it all the time with your bar oil on foam filter and diesel oil for bike. Do I need to quote you from the archive or do you understand now that you have no credibility on this forum?

Originally Posted By: azsynthetic
I just find it extremely irksome when people tout the absolute supremacy of a product without proof of same.

You seems to do it all the time with your bar oil on foam filter and diesel oil for bike. Do I need to quote you from the archive or do you understand now that you have no credibility on this forum?

Most certainly.

Please find anything/everything where I stated that what I use is the absolute best ever made for any purpose.

I look forward to your reply.

Don't try to change the subject. You said bar oil works just as good as anything else without any proof other than it is cheaper. The same with diesel oil instead of high performance motorcycle oil. You got no proof other than it is cheaper so it must be better. Oh! I forgot, you also claimed to have backup your motorcycle more than any one else so your opinion has to be legit. Hahahaha!

From the archive, with no scientific facts given, here are a few of your it is cheaper so it is better opinions:

"thumbsup $9 for a bike OCI (not counting the filter price) with Delvac vs $36 for a more expensive, probably no better cycle oil." Post #1889513

"Chainsaw bar oil will do as good a job in an oiled foam filter as anything out there and it's dirt cheap" Post #1902619

"Why blow a bundle on expensive oil when any decent quality HDEO will provide all the protection your engine will need at a fraction of the cost? Shell Rotella T 15/40, Delvac 15/40 etc." Post #2078715

"As far as my qualifications, I have many years of ATV ownership/operation. I probably have more riding miles backing up than you do going forward." Post #2081342

This is the quote that I'm challenging and it happens to be THE topic of this portion of this thread:

Where are my quotes where I stated any product that I use was
"arguably the finest oil eve made"?

You have not provided anything that I said that is close to that.

You need not worry about diminishing your credibility on this forum. I doubt that you had much to begin with.
Your failure to substantiate your accusations is typical.

Would you care to qualify the above comment?

Unfounded statements like that are not only misleading, they are of no significant value.

It may be a fine oil but to make such a claim is certainly over the top. There are numerous two cycle oils out that that are likely as good and some probably better.

You keep saying the same thing, over and over, as if it's true. The facts remain, there are those of us who were heavily involved in 2 stroke racing. We found Mobil 1 MX2t to be unsurpassed in overall performance. Especially in very heavily stressed racing engines.

Yet, you dismiss our real world results as if they don't exist! Here are the facts: MX2t is one of the finest 2 stroke oils mankind has ever produced. It works exceptionally well in engines ranging from 125cc shifter Karts to racing outboards and 1HP string trimmers. It's performance in 500cc GP bikes was stunning, with crankshaft life more than doubled on unleaded fuels.

I'm tired of providing the same information over and over again. Obviously, what you use works for you, and that's great. But, don't show up at Palm Beach International Raceway's Kart track with Echo brand dino oil and expect long engine life. Because I can assure you, without question, the 125cc, 55HP Kart engine will wear quickly and expensively.

What works, works and the successful among us recognize that.

Last edited:
Would you please tell me if there is a difference between the two following quotes?

"MX2t is one of the finest 2 stroke oils mankind has ever produced."

The latter quote, in my view is unsubstantiated. To make such a claim requires a great deal of scientific documentation to back it up. All I've read is the accounts of a few "also ran" racers.

Hardly concrete evidence of it's absolute supremacy.

The latter quote, in my view is unsubstantiated. To make such a claim requires a great deal of scientific documentation to back it up.

It most certainly does not require dedicated scientific testing. Mankind has been using the scientific method for thousands of years. The scientific method boils down to one fundamental and ancient question, ONE SIMPLE THING if you will, "what works". It's a question answered often by observational evidence.

We can go on and on about this. However, you are wrong to dismiss those with significant observational experience. In fact, you are the one dismissing the real science. You can call us "also ran's" or some other derogatory term. The proof is in reality.

Famous quote: "never underestimate the power of denial".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back