What bottle doesn't leak for MMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to store my MMO laying on its side, in my new vehicle.
I am sick and tired of it leaking, lucky its a plastic compartment under the floor.
What bottles is everyone using to store the MMO that wont leak out laying on its side ?

Can't help you there. I don't carry MMO in my vehicle. It's kept in the garage and only added to oil for cleaning. I currently use TC-W3 with a mix of techron fuel system cleaner.

You can always use an empty Oil Quart Container to store your MMO in for use. The cap should fit tight and no more spilling. Just make sure to mark it MMO on all sides.

If someone borrows it or steals it from you you don't want them to think it's motor oil and load up their sump to get a nice cleaning.

Last edited:
I carry mmo mixed with amsoil two cycle in an amsoil two cycle bottle. Never leaked. Doing the same in the mmo bottle leaked

I keep mine in the MMO quart bottles. Good thing I kept 4 empties because the last gallon jug I bought leaked a little actually from the bottom of the jug. It was gouged like someone dropped it onto something and I didn't see it when I bought it.
Then from the quarts, I been keeping a dose in a Lucas Fuel treatment bottle for carrying in the vehicle. Good size to stab in the tank inlet. It was suggested here by someone - found the empty Lucas bottle just outside the auto store laying in a drum trash can, right on top.

I've heard of people adding it when they get home....just adjust the amount slightly to account for the trip home. What I do is keep the MMO in it's original container, and use a Lucas bottle for measurement. The 5.25 bottle is about the perfect concentration for my ~14 gallon gasoline tank since I do usually fill up at the bottom end of my tank (less than 1/2).

You're lucky to find one with a cap. I've looked through the trash at the Auto parts stores and find the empty Lucas Fuel System bottles....missing the caps. They are all missing the caps!

Oh well, I guess some people are just born lucky.

my lucas ucl bottles leak also, I don't want to put it in at the house, hence asking which do not leak. And yes the caps are tight ....duh if nobody knows I guess Ill have to figure it out, just thought someone may know a better container

Hi.

Check to make sure there is no lubricant on the inside of the oil cap, and also recessed within the threads on the bottle's top. I always thought my oil bottles leaked until I figured that some of it was on those two locations, and when I tightened them down, they would be squeezed out and slowly drip out.

Hey Dupree I usually mix up my concoction of TC-W3 and Chevron Techron Fuel system cleaner in advance. I take an Empty MMO bottle and mix one pint of each together, (Chevron Techron and TC-W3). I refill the empty 6 ounce Gumout/Regane Concentrate bottles with the mix. 6 OZ in each bottle....I have about 10 empty bottles so it takes more than 1 batch of the concoction.

I store these "Premade Bottles" in a Empty Folgers Extra Large Size Coffee Container from Costco. The bottles stand up-right and fit fine with the lid. I have a Toyota 4 Runner so I've got a box with some auto supplies in the rear end of the truck and the Container with the mix fits in upright and secure.You need to have a lid on the container since the "aroma" of the TC-W-3 has a way of hanging around. Any container will do for storing the bottles....Tupperware etc...just make sure that the bottles will stand upright and the lid will fit secure.

Before each fill-up of 12 to 14 gallons of gasoline, I take one of the bottles out of the container and add the entire 6 OZ to the fuel tank before filling up.

After the fill-up, I put the empty bottle back, with the cap attached, into the Folgers container and snap the lid shut. These bottles can be reused over and over again. When I'm down to 2 bottles remaining in the inventory of the Folgers container, I simply refill the bottles again with the same procedure from the empty MMO quart bottle.

I hope that this will help you guys out. If you have a trunk on your vehicle you can do the same with a box for storage.

I take this Folgers Coffee container with me with the filled bottles when I'm making a long trip to Florida or down south for a vacation. I've got enough to handle all the fill ups going down and coming back home with plenty of extra if I should ever need it.

Last edited:
I carry my MMO in an empty new-style Regane bottle. I save my empty Regane bottles just for the purpose of carrying MMO in my truck. This is a very easy and no-mess way to dose MMO at the pump before pumping the gas in. I fill up at the 1/4 tank mark, and this always takes right at 15 gallons, give or take a little, so I just made a mark at 6 ounces on the Regane bottle. I use 4 ounces of MMO to every 10 gallons of fuel.

When you add MMO first before pumping the gas in, the action of the gas entering the tank mixes everything together very well. Then I just wipe off the neck of the Regane bottle with a napkin or gas station paper towel. I refill it when I get back home and put it back in the truck for the next time. Plus the new style Regane and Gumout Fuel Injector cleaner bottle fits very nicely in the map pocket on my door.

I haven't had any problems with leaks but I have noticed I need to change out the cap every so often or the Regane bottle will leak. I guess the wax/paper seal under the cap gets saturated after a while and can leak, especially if the bottle is not stored upright.

go to w/mart get a one gal gas can, rip the safety catch out. it holds up in cold weather. the one gal can that mmo comes in will crack in cold weather

go to w/mart get a one gal gas can, rip the safety catch out. it holds up in cold weather. the one gal can that mmo comes in will crack in cold weather

Its not the bottle seal, it is the mess from pouring it that annoys me. It wets the side of the bottle no matter what. Gets on the hands and vapors in the car I'd imagine (though I dont smell them).

well mine isn't that, its leaking out it is the seal failing to do its job. I think i'm going to use shorter bottles i can stand upright in a container

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back