Castrol Power RS V-Twin 4T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonderd if anyone uses this full synthetic oil in their bike and how it performs. My local Wal-mart has in on sale for $7 a quart (20W-50 or 10W-40). That's really cheap for full synthetic v-twin oil. I bought a new Yamaha 650 last summer and will be using synthetic in it this year. Everyone keeps telling me to get some Mobil 1 15W-50 but I can save some $ with the Castrol. Not that the price is that big of a difference for 3 quarts but what the heck. More money for gas.

Hi,
Sonic _ use a fully synthetic Castrol 5W-40 lubricanst in my 650 (see signature)

One way or another I have used Castrol's synthetic engine lubricants in motorbikes since the 1950s - with great results

Hi.

I tend to stay away from oils marketed as motorcycle specific because they provide the same protection for a high price. These oils perform similarly to a diesel oil, such as Shell Rotella or Mobil Delvac or Chevron Delo, and contain additive packagaes that are just as robust as these diesel oils.

The main kicker is that...you can get SIGNIFICANTLY more gas money by using one of those oils. Rotella is 12 bucks a gallon here in Southern California at Wal Mart. Your bike takes ~ 4 quarts. That's a $30+ oil change including filter. If you use a diesel oil you can keep it under 20 bucks and still have money for gas.

I race my 2004 ZX-10R on the track often. I use a diesel oil with confidence. That's sort of like a trade secret in the tracing world; many of us use a diesel oil for our motorcycles.

not that i have any experience nor knowledge, i would just like to point out that auto zone has a sale going on 3-8 to 4-4 that takes $2 off any quart of syn or dino cycle oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back