how extended with PP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I run PP in my 2001 Jeep with a 4.0 engine. It does have a 6 Qt oil sump, so that puts less stress on the oil. What would one think is an "easy" extended oil change? I have an Amsoil Ea filter.

It really depends upon the mechanical state of the engine and climate and the operation . Where I live and how I use the vehicles I run at least 10,000 miles or around a year with syn and 5,000 miles with dino.

With out a UOA un known, how is this 4.0 on oil? i'd say 8k then uoa it.

in a good running healthy engine i'd do 10k and sleep good at night

What weight of PP are you using and how is it driven? Back and forth to the grocery store, or flogged through the woods. How many miles are on this Jeep?

I run 10W30. 93K miles. The bulk of the miles are my 70 mile trip to work each way, 2 days a week. Does not go offroad. I live 20 minutes east of Albany NY. It does not burn any oil.

Just for the satisfaction of knowing, Donald. Without doing a UOA, I would drain it at 7.5K and be done with it. FYI, that is what I do. I do send in a sample once a year to my friend Terry Dyson, just to check up on things.

My current problem is when I look all I see is white. Or water on top of ice. Not quite the area I want to lay down on to change my oil. And the dog has been in and out of the garage this winter, so I think I will pass on the garage. Thus I need to hold out for maybe a month till I see dry ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back