Bosch Distance Plus D3323 and Particle Count

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just received a particle count report as part of my BlackStone UOA. I posted the ISO Code 14/13/10 that accompanied the UOA. Today I got a letter in the mail with the actual particle count..

>=2 Micron 203
>=5 Micron 75
>=10 Micron 21
>=15 Micron 8
>=25 Micron 1
>=50 micron 0
>=100 Micron 0
This is absolutely amazing to me, though I have seen few particle counts on here, this blows others out of the water. I have to say these filters are excellent and though expensive if you wait until they have a deal at AAP I highly recommend. My UOA link is http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...;gonew=1#UNREAD

Last edited:
The Bosch Distance Plus is hard to beat. Maybe a little pricey, but you get what you pay for.

This certainly beats all the UOA Particle counts I have ever done. Perhaps I should try a Distance Plus on my Tundra as the next filter...

The Bosch DistancePlus is a Purolator PureONE with a thicker can.

Save even more money by buying PureONE filters. They're the exact same thing internally but cheaper. Exact same filter media.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JRed

Save even more money by buying PureONE filters. They're the exact same thing internally but cheaper. Exact same filter media.

I'm pretty sure everything we've seen on BITOG shows that they have different media than the PureOne. Both are made by Purolater.

Check out Riverrat's post (you may need to scroll down) It is the one with the pictures of the cut open filter. Look at the pictures and writeup - It ain't the same.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1865537&page=30

Also, they are $5 off at Pepboys this month. The ad lists it with 5 quarts of Syntec (or GC) for $22.99 after rebate, but the rebate is only really a Bosch filter rebate.

There is no way it is a P1 internally. I just don't see how that is possible with the claims Bosch D+ makes. It may be made by the same Co. but it is way nicer than a P1. I will try it eventually and do a particle count but Btanchors particle counts with P1 were not as good and it is a larger filter that is supposed to be more efficient. The size I use (P14610) has a less efficient rating than the larger P1's.

Last edited:
Fine filter, but @~$13.50 regular price for my 7-8k average OCI's, overkill. And for your 3.1k, though I didn't see a time interval, I'd say the same. JMO Not that familiar with reliabilty of UOA particle counts, but the numbers look good.

While the P1's may/may not show as good a UOA particle count, for the $3-5 price, the value for construction/efficiency, just works better for me. Haven't seen any published micron rating for the BDP, without it, one could only assume it's figured the same as the P1, but with the greater advertised holding capacity.

And it is true that the PL14610 has the higher micron number, it also has substantially more media area than the larger 14459, odd. Be curious to know the media area of the equivalent 3323 BDP.

All that said, I'll be using a BDP 3323 next OCI, as I picked 3 up for ~$4.50 each with 3 AAP PP oil/filter change specials, a deal for sure. So I'll get a close up look after use.

Thanks for posting.

From what we've seen here the DP and P1 are about the same with the exception the DP has thicker media then the yellow P1 hence the dirt holding capability's clamed by DP,now is there something more then that to it? not sure but from the naked eye that's the only difference.

i know rob(river_rat)looked at these under a microscope but un sure if he looked at these two maybe he'll chime in.

there's plenty of posts and pics on these two filters using the search function.

I know the cartrige type my mazda takes, the Bosch and P1 are different

Thank you all for the posts, I know it wasn't a long run and I got the report the day after I changed the filter. I was going to leave it on but my oil OCD made me think I had to change the filter. I am saving it to use again. That thing is just a well built filter and I really wonder if many could beat it. I am now officially recommending BD+ to anyone who asks. OTOH, it is probably my luck that BlackStone made a mistake.

Now are the regular Bosch Filters (Non Distance Plus) simply PureOne units with a different can?

Than the Distance Plus filters are their own Bosch filters, correct?

Originally Posted By: Striker
Now are the regular Bosch Filters (Non Distance Plus) simply PureOne units with a different can?

Than the Distance Plus filters are their own Bosch filters, correct?

Yes, the regular Bosch filter and the PureOne are basically the same internally, but with different paint jobs.

The Bosch Distance Plus is different, but probably has the same filtering efficiency as the regular Bosch/PureOne, but designed for long OCIs and much heavier built can and base plate.

Originally Posted By: 21Rouge
I am trying to determine if the DP filters are yet available for purchase in Canada.

21Rouge, don't know about in Canada but I have seen the one for the G6 on RockAuto.

Originally Posted By: cp3
Originally Posted By: 21Rouge
I am trying to determine if the DP filters are yet available for purchase in Canada.

21Rouge, don't know about in Canada but I have seen the one for the G6 on RockAuto.

Thanks for that. I just got off the phone with Bosch Canada and according to the rep, DP filters are not available in Canada.

I wonder what the duty and taxes are for ordering through RockAuto and shipping to Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back