Mobil 1 0w30 AFE 3100mi. 09 Altima 2.5S

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first UOA. 50/50 HW/City not a lot of WOT or anything but some spirited driving. I was very excited to see that she is breaking in nicely, so to all with the same vehicle and the 'tick' don't worry about any mechanical problems.

MI/HR on Oil: 3,100
MI/HR on Unit: 15,722
Sample Date: 03/02/11
Make Up Oil Added: 0 qt
Code:

UNIVERSAL AVERAGES

ALUMINUM 3 3

CHROMIUM 0 1

IRON 6 9

COPPER 3 4

LEAD 0 3

TIN 1 0

MOLYBDENUM 108 73

NICKEL 0 0

MANGANESE 0 1

SILVER 0 0

TITANIUM 1 0

POTASSIUM 0 4

BORON 87 48

SILICON 19 13

SODIUM 11 36

CALCIUM 2696 2292

MAGNESIUM 13 127

PHOSPHORUS 772 732

ZINC 849 891

BARIUM 0 1

SUS Viscosity @ 210°F 58.6

cSt Viscosity @ 100°C 9.81

Flashpoint in °F 420

Fuel %
Antifreeze % 0

Water % 0

Insolubles % .3

ISO Code 14/13/10

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the formatting. I have been messing with it for an hour.
Can anyone explain the ISO Code a little better? Oh one more thing, I know people will bash for such a short OCI. Two reasons, I am not interested too much and I really wanted to see how much silicon was getting in, a little higher than I would like, but it is what it is.

Last edited:
It was very minimal but yes. I'm talking tenths after the switch back to Amsoil. AFE was very good though, may go back to it.

to clarify the first column is my sample the second are universal avg's.

Last edited:
What's the OEM recommended OCI for the Altima? Is there an OLM gauge?

I'm interested in what the factory OLM had to say as far as oil life left @ 3k.

Originally Posted By: Artem

Factory recommended service interval is 3 months or 3750 miles for nearly all operating conditions. The car does not have OLM, but does have a user-settable reminder message.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
Originally Posted By: Artem

Factory recommended service interval is 3 months or 3750 miles for nearly all operating conditions. The car does not have OLM, but does have a user-settable reminder message.

The Altima 2.5S has a user-settable reminder, no OLM. Under warranty it is 3750-7500mi.OCI. I am very happy to see the wear metals pretty low, I have flushed the heck out of it at least 6-7 OC before this. I am going to do the same with my new Civic but with cheaper 5w20 before going back to 0w20.

Si is not getting in as much as you think. Most Si is from Sealers and assembly lubes/greases and this seems common and expected from Nissans. That QR25DE v2 is a very good engine and should last you a while.

Let me know if you find out what part number the Made in Japan oil filters if any for the QR. I have the HO version of the QR in my Spec-V.

I'm a newb to UOA. Those things you mention really show up as Silicon, not silocone etc? Do they both fall under the same thing on a UOA? This part of UOA confuses me.

Originally Posted By: ltslimjim
I'm a newb to UOA. Those things you mention really show up as Silicon, not silocone etc? Do they both fall under the same thing on a UOA? This part of UOA confuses me.

SiliCON is one of the most abundant elements in the earths crust, it is basically dirt/dust sand. SiliCONE is a product that is man made and used in fake breasts and certain sealants.

Originally Posted By: chubbs1
Originally Posted By: ltslimjim

SiliCON is one of the most abundant elements in the earths crust, it is basically dirt/dust sand. SiliCONE is a product that is man made and used in fake breasts and certain sealants.

So why would it be suggested that Si is higher because of grease/sealants if they are silicone?

Sorry, I didn't answer that very well, Silicon can be prepared into silicone to make tons of products. Like when you melt sand you get glass (silica). The silicone in sealants will show up as silicon in its chemical make-up. I know that isn't very good maybe someone else can chime in. The bottom line is they are closely linked.

Originally Posted By: chubbs1
Sorry, I didn't answer that very well, Silicon can be prepared into silicone to make tons of products. Like when you melt sand you get glass (silica). The silicone in sealants will show up as silicon in its chemical make-up. I know that isn't very good maybe someone else can chime in. The bottom line is they are closely linked.

Okay, that's what I figured was happening I just needed someone to say so. Thanks.
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back