high gas prices again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
$3.49 at just about every station here in my town. I was on a trip today and about 40 miles south of here most stations were still $3.49 to $3.53. I stopped at a Marathon station that had $3.53 on the big sign by the road. Got out of the car to buy gas, they had a small sign on the pump that said "Cash - Credit is in place" and their cash price on the pump for Regular 87 unleaded was $3.59 per gallon.

This Marathon station was just off the interstate exit ramp so they probably have no shortage of customers willing to pay their cash surcharges. I got back in the car, drove down the road a bit and bought gas at a 7-11, $3.49 per gallon. It was same price for cash or credit.

I refuse to pay the stupid cash surcharge. Can't wait to see what happens next week in the world news and see how the oil industry, Wall Street, speculators, traders and whoever else has his/her fingers in the pie uses the events to drive the prices (and their already high profits) up even further....

Originally Posted By: Jimmy9190

I refuse to pay the stupid cash surcharge. Can't wait to see what happens next week in the world news and see how the oil industry, Wall Street, speculators, traders and whoever else has his/her fingers in the pie uses the events to drive the prices (and their already high profits) up even further....

Get used to it.

You can blame whoever you want but the fact remains that there is a finite amount of oil in the ground and we (as a global society) are using more every year.

One day you may be telling your wide-eyed grandchildren that you remember 5 buck a gallon gas.

Oil will cost what the consumers are willing to pay for it. Since 2008 how many new cars purchased have been gas suckers.

well I suppose some is world events, but the nice thing about being out here in oil land is I get to see these "companies not making a profit" pull this crude out of the ground become filthy rich multi millionaires and billionaires. Now if its really the world global market and the delicate imbalance of yada yada. Why are they at the point where money isnt an object on anything. Do you know how many 100's of years of oil is holed up in the ground out here just in my territory, and yes I know for a fact there is with my job. So while there is indeed a variance in the world market for oil and current events, we need to not forget greed is the driving force behind this, not to become green or even because another country thinks we succk..........

3.532 is the average for Where I live in PA.....

I have found some a little cheaper than that, At around 3.45

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back