5W30 Pennzoil Ultra, 2000 Caravan 3.0 V6 Results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Koz1
I have been flushing the engine once a year for the last 6 years or when I change brands.
No neglect on the maintenance side. Before Amsoil I was running Valvoline Synpower for the last 6 plus years every 5000 kms.
With no problems.
The problem started after using PU like I said at 2500 kms it was noticeable.

Go back to Synpower and forget about it 6 plus years can't be wrong.

Since you are in Canada, Canadian Tire has Pennzoil Platinum 5w30 on sale for 25.99 for the 5L container this week. Use that.

I know PP cleaned stains on my Accords dipstick in less then 2000KM.

And like everyone here is saying, stop using engine flushes especially the junk found at Walmart/CT. The only Engine flush I would use would be Amsoil's and with a good cleaning oil such as PU and PP I wouldn't even use that.

Also don't do a UOA of this batch of PU, its not fair as there will be residual traces of Amsoil and the flush in it. Do another run of PU or PP and then sample it.

Leave this man alone. It really thinks that PU has caused his engine problems even though it makes no sense at all. Let him tell his friends that nothing about motor oils Pennzoil causes sludge. We really can not convince him other wise it not even worth it.

Get some Royal Purple and clean
that PennWax out of your engine !
grin2.gif

My dipstick is varnished real good on Chrysler similar van, 1998, but 3.8 eng, 210k miles. I don't care, as long as it is full. I take very good care, but definitely don't worry about using the finest oil like PU etc in a car worth $2k. I do use the excellent $5.49 Mopar oil filters. I would use a cheaper oil, change every 3k with cheaper filter, stop flushing, and see if problems get better.

Originally Posted By: Ringo
Get some Royal Purple and clean
that PennWax out of your engine !
grin2.gif

are you from china? because thats sound communist to me....

Yes Im the original owner, Amsoil was used for one oil change 9100 miles. Like I stated before I was running Valvoline Synpower every 3100 miles.

I'm confused. If you were using Valvoline Synpower every 3100 miles - why were you doing engine flushes? There wouldn't be anything there to flush?

i think this topic is [censored]. he wont even show us a pic of the devastation PU supposedly caused.

so yep im gonna call Bull butter on the whole darn thread

Originally Posted By: electrolover
i think this topic is [censored]. he wont even show us a pic of the devastation PU supposedly caused.

so yep im gonna call Bull butter on the whole darn thread

I thought that from the beginning of this thread. Notice what I said on page one.

FLUSH = E N E M A

You are seeing the after effects of what a flush will do to your engine.

A high mileage engine can actually becomes dependent on deposits to a certain degree.

Who know how much stuff you loosened up, how much is now out and where the residual stuff may re deposit to (i.e. your dipstick).

I am gonna say AADD is in the cards with this one.
Cheers and read the thread.

i dont know what aadd means but i did read it, its full of your communist propaganda!!

hating PU is just unamerican!
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Fallguy
FLUSH = E N E M A

You are seeing the after effects of what a flush will do to your engine.

A high mileage engine can actually becomes dependent on deposits to a certain degree.

Who know how much stuff you loosened up, how much is now out and where the residual stuff may re deposit to (i.e. your dipstick).

I think you've nailed it. Seems the OP has made up his mind, and there's no changing it. Maybe the Valvoline product and 3000 mile OCI is the way to go for him.

Quote:
i dont know what aadd means but i did read it, its full of your communist propaganda!!

LOL! AADD= Adult Attention Deficit Disorder

This thread is [censored].

Ultra will not cause that by using it once...LOL. I do not use Ultra but I know that it is a veryyy good syn oil.

His problem is that it is a Chrysler/Dodge 3.0 V6 and I am very surprised that it is still running.

Don't like Ultra, use something else. Lots of options.

This mystery won't be solved without a UOA and a professional interpretation. We can speculate all day on here... with no solid facts it's a waste of time.

Originally Posted By: webfors
Don't like Ultra, use something else. Lots of options.

This mystery won't be solved without a UOA and a professional interpretation. We can speculate all day on here... with no solid facts it's a waste of time.

You are right, there are many options/syn oils on the market and I would also bet not one would cause any issues with one OCI.

He has a lot of life out of the 3.0 V6 and should be happy with what he has gotten.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back