Anybody ever use these?

Status
Not open for further replies.
MileStar M665 all season passenger car tires.

http://www.milestartire.com/tires_sizes.asp?tread_Num=m665

Just curious if anyone has ever run these or other tires from this mfg and what your experiences were/are? Put a set on a 2005 Impala and so far the ride is really nice and they did fine in the snow storm we just had.

Have to be honest, I had never even heard of them before buying a set the other day. Took a lot of convincing on the salesman's part to get me to bite vs spending the $100 more for Mastercraft( Cooper )tires I am familiar with. I think what finally did it was the fact he kept on pushing me to buy the cheaper tires even when I was favoring more expensive ones as he knew the situation and was trying to give me what I wanted.

My miserable rotten no good Niece decided she no longer wanted to pay for her car loan that my Sister helped her get. She abused and neglected the vehicle and almost never paid for it. She ruined my Sister's credit and a week ago just dumped it in my Sister's yard and said I don't want it anymore and I am not paying for it anymore. So I have been trying to help my Sister with the mess she is in.

My Sister had to sell her cherry 06 Impala and keep this beat up and abused 05 due to her being disabled and not able to afford 2 car payments. She needs to drive this car for about a year and a half before she can get rid of it financially. Really stinks. One of the issues was the 05 needed tires BAD but I didn't want her to spend a fortune on them. I am not a fan of no name tires but this seemed like the perfect situation for some.

Hope these last the year and a half and hold up well for her. They should as they came with a 45000 treadlife warranty and my Sister might put 10-15K tops on before it is time to move on. Got a set of 4 P225/60R-16's for $375 out the door. That is M&B plus some extras from the tire retailer( free road hazzard( 2 years )warranty, free front end aligment, and free lifetime rotations and flat repairs ).

Seemed like a deal just made for the bad situation. I know nothing about these tires or this mfg though and it would be nice to know if these tires are prone to any aprticular problems.

Thanks and sorry for the rant about things other than the tires. This has me really angry.

Last edited:
What's the DOT code? We can figure out who made them and where.

As you said they're good in the snow, that beats some awful rock-hard "Sonars" I had a while back.

I've seen them on a few cars...and an old co worker had them on her cavalier. They held up pretty well for a few years...

Originally Posted By: eljefino

As you said they're good in the snow, that beats some awful rock-hard "Sonars" I had a while back.

They are made by Tireco.

http://www.tireco.com/brands.htm

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: daves87rs
I've seen them on a few cars...and an old co worker had them on her cavalier. They held up pretty well for a few years...

Thanks.

Originally Posted By: Barkleymut
Thanks for reminding me to never lend money to family. Sorry to hear about your experience.

Appreciate it.

I think that a treadlife warranty typically is only good for a specified number of years (maybe 4), and even that may be good only if you get the tires rotated. The warranties work well for some, and not so well for others. That will not be a limiting factor for your sister.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Carbon
I think that a treadlife warranty typically is only good for a specified number of years (maybe 4), and even that may be good only if you get the tires rotated. The warranties work well for some, and not so well for others. That will not be a limiting factor for your sister.

The point I was making is she only needs the car to make it a year and a half so if the tires have a 45K tread wear rating they should hold up without problem for that short time frame.

Thanks for reminding me to never lend money to family. Sorry to hear about your experience.

Yeah - always a minefield. If your family needs help, and you have the means, make it a gift. A real gift, no score-keeping, no expectation of being repaid. If you don't have the means, then you can't help...

In the case of some people, you have to choose what is more important: the relationship, or the money involved.

You can't choose your family...you have to accept them on their terms.

Oh wait, the question was about tires...they should be good for the intended use...

Good luck!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Astro14

Yeah - always a minefield. If your family needs help, and you have the means, make it a gift. A real gift, no score-keeping, no expectation of being repaid. If you don't have the means, then you can't help...

In the case of some people, you have to choose what is more important: the relationship, or the money involved.

You can't choose your family...you have to accept them on their terms.

Oh wait, the question was about tires...they should be good for the intended use...

Good luck!

Very true....

Originally Posted By: NHHEMI

They are made by Tireco.

Tireco is just a distributor, they don't manufacture anything...

They're made by the Chinese company Nankang, apparently.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: rshunter
Originally Posted By: NHHEMI

They are made by Tireco.

Tireco is just a distributor, they don't manufacture anything...

They're made by the Chinese company Nankang, apparently.

Ok. Just going by what the tire retailer said. I didn't really look the site over or anything.

Keep an eye on them. There have been reports of problems with other MileStar products. Hope they work out for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back