Purolator classic VS pure one

Status
Not open for further replies.
These filters appear the same to me. I haven't cut any open but looking in from the outside they look the same. Anybody know if they are different.

Last edited:
Either are good, but the PureOne is great!

Got a HUGE stash of PureOnes from Advance Auto Parts deals.

They both do the job very well. For OCI's of under 7K you can save some money and use the Classic. I've never had one of these filters fail me yet and I use a FilterMag on the oversize Filter Canister.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
i like the classic i think it has better flow than the p1
i would rather have dirty oil than no oil anytime

You do remember what the filter pressure bypass does? your engine will never be starved of oil,the P1 flows just fine to sustain any engines life.

Originally Posted By: chubbs1
The only difference is the silicon ADBV and gasket and that gritty yellow paint of course.

Not entirely true ... the filtering efficiency is higher on the PureOne.

Quote:
Does Purolator also make PROLINE filters?

they kind of look alike to me
Yep. Not as efficient, less media, and some applications using a shorter/smaller filter size.

To the OP, P1 has better (silicone) adbv and is higher efficiency than Classic.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: chubbs1
The only difference is the silicon ADBV and gasket and that gritty yellow paint of course.

Not entirely true ... the filtering efficiency is higher on the PureOne.

Correct much better media.

Originally Posted By: RegDunlop
These filters appear the same to me. I haven't cut any open but looking in from the outside they look the same. Anybody know if they are different.

Agreed, the 14612 classic/P1 look identical except for the color of the can and adbv. The media should be different though.

Originally Posted By: webfors
Originally Posted By: RegDunlop

Agreed, the 14612 classic/P1 look identical except for the color of the can and adbv. The media should be different though.

You forgot that the PureOne has a Teflon coated base gasket.

Classic
http://www.purolatorautofilters.net/products/oil_filters/Pages/purolatoroilfilters.aspx

PureOne
http://www.purolatorautofilters.net/products/oil_filters/Pages/pureoneoilfilters.aspx

So if the base gasket is coated in Teflon, does that mean I shouldn't have coated it with oil before installing?

They can still be coated. I always coat the gaskets on my pureones, and I've yet to have an issue with leaks or sticking. The filters usually come off with just a firm twist by hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back