NICOPP Brake Line

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a Toyota in with a rotted rear brake line.
This line went from behind the engine all the way down the drivers side then across the tank to the passengers side.
What a nightmare or so i thought.I bought some NICOPP brake line online (AA sells it) with the correct ends,typical Toyota mischief,3/16 line with 10x1 nuts but use an inverted flair instead of the more common bubble used on metric fittings.

After cutting the old one out and removing the rotten nuts and under body channel i started feeding the new line into the engine compartment.WOW this stuff bends around the finger with no kinking at all.
I ran it through all the original clips and channels with ease,
terminating it and flaring the end was easier than any other line i ever used.

Two hours total instead of probably double that with steel.
This stuff is 90% copper and 10% nickel,its certified for brake line use and is OEM on Aston Martin,RR,Volvo,Porsche etc.
This line will never rot out,perfect for New England use with all the salt.

Next month i am doing my Expedition complete with this line as the originals are getting bad.
After using this line i will never use steel again.

Good to know, i will have to try it some time. (and I just boughy a tubing bender)
confused2.gif

Mine is going into the obsolete draw along with stuff like Ford VV carb tools and lifter remover tool for old V8's.
They have it up to 3/8 dia so fuel and tranny lines can be made from this stuff also.

Good to know. But, we never have problem with rusting brake line or fuel line in So Cal. The OEM brake line in my 17 years old LS400 is still good.

Check to see if you can get an inspection sticker with that stuff.

While the maker claims one thing, the state rule book may not be up to date on its legality.

No problem at all.
It has close to the same working strength as steel line,burst pressure 17,000 vs 17,900.
DOT approved supersedes all state regulations on parts like this.
It has to or there would be 50 different standards for brake parts,head and tail lights,brake and fuel lines,wiper blades,turn signals,exhaust pipe etc.

Aston Martin,Volvo,Porsche and other cars pass state inspection and use this OEM.
This is not copper line (illegal for brake and fuel line and not DOT approved),it is a DOT approved copper nickel alloy valid in all 50 states.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back