Firestone Radial ATX P235/75/R15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just sold the Dodge Dynasty recently, and bought a 1981 Chevrolet Custom Deluxe 1500 pickup as my new beater. As I was checking it out, I took a look at the spare. It looked great!! Still had the yellow print from the factory on the face of the tread, all the little nubby hairs. Never been put on the ground!! Then I read the sidewall...

I'll try to post some pics Monday. It's a thing of beauty.

The full size spare in my '94 LS400 had been used 2-3 times with less than 2-300 miles, the tread is almost full and no sign of cracks.

Your 30 years old spare, even brand new, may not be good for any highway driving distance.

Originally Posted By: HWEaton
I just sold the Dodge Dynasty recently, and bought a 1981 Chevrolet Custom Deluxe 1500 pickup as my new beater. As I was checking it out, I took a look at the spare. It looked great!! Still had the yellow print from the factory on the face of the tread, all the little nubby hairs. Never been put on the ground!! Then I read the sidewall...

Have it bronzed,you could quite possibly have the only remaining one on the globe or at least a rare animal.

I am hoping that everyone realizes that this is the infamous Firestone Recall tire.

Yeah, I thought more people would realize this. Oh well...

Regardless, I plan on keeping this tire forever. I just broke it down, and will take pics later tonight.

Last edited:
He's not driving an Explorer at 26psi(or less when psi is never checked by the typical clueless SUV driver).
That tire should be fine on a Chevy.

But, I tend to replace tires on time. Its expired!

You should go to Firestone and see if they'll replace it for free.

Actually, I'm a tire dealer. The Firestone rep was in the other day and offered me credit towards my next order for the tire. But really, this is like a piece of Americana....

Actually, I'm a tire dealer. The Firestone rep was in the other day and offered me credit towards my next order for the tire. But really, this is like a piece of Americana....

Should be cool!

Originally Posted By: CapriRacer

I am hoping that everyone realizes that this is the infamous Firestone Recall tire.

That might be why I posted with the word "KaBOOM"...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back