Which HM Oil Is Better Pennzoil or Valvoline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which high mileage oil does everyone like Pennzoil HM Or Valvoline Max life HM and why do you think its better?
Are either Synthetic or Semi Synthetic?

People really like MaxLife around here. It's shown itself to be a robust quality oil that protects engines well, and many people on here have had it slow or eliminate their oil consumption or leaks.

Similarly, nobody really has anything negative to say about Pennzoil oils.

Try some MaxLife for a few oil changes, if it does what you wanted it to do then great. If not, try Pennzoil HM for a few oil changes. That way you can decide for yourself which one does what you need it to do and which one your vehicle likes better

I personally prefer Pennzoil HM.

I use it in my girlfriend's car and it seems to have reduced consumption. Many on here have had good results with Maxlife but I don't think you are getting anything special with the add packs Valvoline uses I am just not a fan of Valvoline in general.

I don't understand how oil can be robust( isn't that a coffee term)? Mobile One, oci's 10k, m1 is a gold standard, go to search on oils , better yet, try BTOGUY, lol, THERES LOTS TO READ IN HERE, SIT DOWN, PUT IN UR 8 HRS TODAY AND HAVE FUN. ITS REALLY A GREAT SITE. I run 8000 miles on m1 each month, I don't have time for cheap oil, I make a living in my van so as u can see I'm not into short runs and all as many in here are, I'm hauling up to 2500 pounds frequently, so my OIL has to be one of the best out here, so I chose Mobile ONE synthetic. Chose you oil on its performance ratings, not on the color of the bottle.

Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
I don't understand how oil can be robust( isn't that a coffee term)? Mobile One, oci's 10k, m1 is a gold standard, go to search on oils , better yet, try BTOGUY,

There's a lot of people on here who would argue "m1 is a gold standard" until their fingers cramped. :)

Originally Posted By: Unearthed

There's a lot of people on here who would argue "m1 is a gold standard" until their fingers cramped. :)

Yeah, I don't think it's quite that simple. Besides, the thread is about high mileage oils.

This is an easy one Valvoline Maxlife.. why , base oil blend and additive selection.

Maxlife is a great oil. Ran my old 92 Cavalier to 150k and never had a problem, with only a dozen oil changes in its lifespan. My brother put another 40k on it before he traded it in, and it still ran great and got 27MPG average when he let go of it. I credit it's long life to the oil choice.

Don't know too much about other HM oils, but I know from personal experience that I trust Maxlife.

I run Valvoline Max Life in my Truck. The truck seems to like it. It has no start up issues in the cold. In the Hot Summer Heat no problems. I am a 3 month 3,000 mile guy. I am a short distance driver all day. I know its bad on the truck but that is how work goes.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
Which high mileage oil does everyone like Pennzoil HM Or Valvoline Max life HM and why do you think its better?

I did my first oil change with a high milaeage oil today and I choose Pennzoil High Mileage, a year ago on my 3.9 I had the intake gasket replaced and the heads taken off and cleaned but it still has a little white smoke coming out of the tail pipe so I decided to use a high mileage oil, the last oil change I used a synthetic blend and it leaked a little so I did not want to use a Synthetic or Synthetic blend oil, I purchased this truck used and the previous maintenace was not good, what a shame that is.

Pennzoil HM over Maxlife. Why? Great UOA results in the past. Even had a VOA topic LOCKED. THAT'S how good it is! :D

For HM oils, synth or semi synth just isn't important to me.

Check new formula of both, Maxlife cut the moly lots for SN so it is a new game now with the new oils.
Originally Posted By: crazyoildude

I always had use use some makeup oil when I was using the MaxLife onthe Stratus, now through 2 OC's using Pennzoil HM I've not had to add any kameup oil.

I ended up putting in the Mobil One HM 10w-30 in my high mileage 1993 Ford with a 460 motor. Was going with John Deere 10w-30 which I already had here but noticed the Mobil One HM at Wally-World so I went with that. It does have one slow leak but I have not had the M-1 HM in for more that 300 miles now to see if it stops it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back